Turley 2017 Vintage Spring Release

Received my allocations today by email. Was not offered Bedrock, 101 or Sadie but still plenty to choose from.

Juvenile is a straight no-brainer at the price.

Order in … was also disappointed with not not having a Bedrock allocated or possible wishlist; weird because I ordered one last time.

I’m skipping this one. My wife and I are starting to drift away from Turley. Every time I head downstairs to the cellar and I come up just about anything but a Turley bottle.

I will say, dollar for dollar the Juvenile is a stupid good QPR

I also got my order in. I did a mixed half case - I always want more, but need to keep the wine buying impulse in check!

Order in. Case and a half, including wishlisted Bedrock and 101.

Interesting to see that this is the second to last vintage of Mead Ranch. They’ve made that wine going back at least to 1990. It’s not necessarily my favorite, but I’ve always enjoyed it. Does anyone know why Turley will no longer be making the wine?

I am going to pass this time around. Trying to narrow down the allocations and I am on the fence with Turley.

Leaning toward keeping Bedrock and getting rid of the others (Turley, Carlisle and Limerick…)

B

About the same here. Love me some Turley. Although not a fan of the Juvenile.

pileon

Grabbed 2 each dragon and rattlesnake ridge. Wished for more of course.

Turley just let us Oklahomans that want direct shipping on their list. With our recent law changes they can now “legally” ship direct thus opening the list up to more. Not sure if I had signed up under my out of state storage if they’d have let me on earlier.

They’ve had retail here for a while, so I’ve enjoyed the wines. But, I don’t recall seeing all of the wines in my allocation locally. I didn’t get an email until 11:30 central. Bedrock wasn’t even listed as an option for me to wishlist. Purchased a mixed half case of the vineyards I don’t recall seeing at retail, Dusi, Duarte and Mead Ranch.

I did not even have the option to wishlist bedrock which is odd as i have bought it the past 3 years. Turley allocations are very odd

Got my first chance to buy. So mAny zins, what are your best recs. I’m a big fan of ridge and bedrock zins

Didn’t even see Sadie … how can I request/wishlist?

Stewart,

It can be a little overwhelming given all the different options in the Turley offering. I think they’re all good so kinda can’t go wrong but I always seem to like: Hayne, Pesenti, Rattlesnake, Dusi, Bedrock and will fill it out with a few of the others.

Also, they’re Petite Syrah’s are amazing so might want to pick up a few. They age very well.

[cheers.gif]

Damn, looks like I’ll be getting denied for my Sadie wishlist. They mentioned that production was down 50% (for those of you wondering why allocations were so tight this round)

Funny there’s been no mention of the Ueberroth. I think it is by far the most distinctive zin I’ve had from any Cali producer aside from Ridge, but the styles are so different I wouldn’t really compare them.

Also, they’re Petite Syrah’s are amazing so might want to pick up a few. They age very well.

[cheers.gif]

[/quote]

Turley Petite Syrah’s are the best in California IMO. Buy them and forget about them for 10 years. They will hold for 30+ years I bet.

Is anyone else concerned about how the fires and heat in the fall of 2017 affected Turley’s Vintage? A lot of producers are not even putting out a 2017 Vintage.

From a previous Turley newsletter:

A quick update about the 2017 fires in Napa and Sonoma as well. We are deeply grateful for the outpouring of support our entire community received during what was an insanely tumultuous, chaotic, and trying period for all. Our families escaped unscathed, and Turley was very lucky from both a vineyards and wines standpoint. (Zinfandel ripens early, so all our vineyards had been picked and the wines were safely in tank or barrel well before the fires began.) Sadly, Mead Ranch on Atlas Peak was one of the epicenters of the fire, and the Meads lost everything; every structure was destroyed. Though the vines are miraculously still standing, it is impossible to predict what the long-term damage will be, and now there is nothing to do but wait, see, and
hope for the best.

What release will this be in?

neener