Great Domestic Wines, not for the faint of heart.

Had these two last night with grass-fed NY Strips that we all thought may have been corn-finished. Just as well as these wines require a most robust protein.

SQN Waterdance is settling into a really nice place as it’s all olives and smoke now. Very organically we had this wine several times right after release and I have to say it’s becoming a favorite, non-EBA Syrah from SQN. This was the first of my bottles we uncorked. While it really doesn’t step on your toes too hard you still know you’re out on a hot date.

Scholium Project 2010 Pergamos is delicious, dense and spicy. Step-son found the alcohol burn (16.1% on the label) but neither Mel nor I did, credit his younger palate I guess. Still tannic, going nowhere fast, really glad I have more cellared. An unusual co-fermentation of Contra Costa Co Merlot and Sangiovese, destined to be a classic SP!
A2F764BB-7B27-40CE-97D0-EF5FAE900CBD.jpeg

Glenn, good to see you drinking well my friend!

“EBA syrah”?

“Extreme Botrytis Affected”? [scratch.gif]

[dance-clap.gif]

Extended Barrel Age. An SQN fight club thing. The EBA wines are the top-shelf offerings from SQN. Since SQN changes their wine names with every vintage, it’s hard to keep things straight without a simple category descriptor, hence EBA and non-EBA to help sort the ones that come in a wood box from those that come in a shipper.

Cheers,
fred

Dude - we should have a Waterdance when I’m next in D.C.

Yes, very glad to see the TNs from you, Doc. All the best for the rest of 2019.

Mike

As soon as I saw your thread title, I knew that SP would be in the mix.

Nice notes, hope all is well with you and yours.

Thx man. I was ok until I found out The Dude is returning during SuperBowl to hawk Stella Artois with Sarah from Sex in the City.

God, I hate the 21st century.

Agreed! trading a White Russian for a Stella? Lame, and out of his element

That was awesome

And great notes Glenn - always good to see you posting my man!