2015 SQN Eleven Confessions Offer

2015 SQN Eleven Confessions “M” Syrah “E” Grenache (3 of each in 6 pack) $1,500 per pack
2017 White $127 each
2015 SQN Eleven Confessions “M” Syrah “E” Grenache (1 of Magnum each in 2 pack) $1,395 per pack
2017 White Magnum $350 each

This was my first offer after a 9 + year wait. Excited to finally be On the list!

There was a disclaimer that I’m being told is new…

“The ordering period will remain open until Wednesday, March 6, 2019 or as quantities allow. We anticipate that some of the wines may sell out prior to the conclusion of this offer, therefore we strongly recommend that if you want to secure your full allocation do not delay in placing your order.”

Anyone have any tasting notes on these?

Cheers,
Lucas

Allocations have always been guaranteed for so long as i have been purchasing . In the past you were encouraged to wait to read the offer letter before purchasing. If they were going to move to this non-guaranteed format, it would have been nice if they had included a pdf of the offer letter so that I might have some information about what it is that I am buying.

The email:
“Our 2015 ELEVEN CONFESSIONS ESTATE Syrah & Grenache as well as our 2017 White Wine are now available coinciding with the mailing of our spring offer letter.
​​​​​​​The ordering period will remain open until Wednesday, March 6, 2019 or as quantities allow. We anticipate that some of the wines may sell out prior to the conclusion of this offer, therefore we strongly recommend that if you want to secure your full allocation do not delay in placing your order. We suggest using our website: www.sinequanon.com where you can view your allocation and submit your order. Please note that allocations cannot be held without payment.”

Allocations used to be guaranteed for 2 weeks, now it seems: 1st come, 1st served.

You’ve been on the list longer than I have. No magnums for me. I just saved about $1950 with tax and shipping! champagne.gif

order in for two boxed sets - a bit troubling that allocations no longer appear to be guaranteed

Weird that they would add new folks and then leave a long time buyer possibly shut out?

I don’t think the urgency to order is going to be the normal going forward but I may be wrong. I think it is more because of the very low yields on this vintage:
2015 was a year that was marked by uncommonly low yields. By most vineyard manager’s standards, we always have low yields. We constantly “fix” the fruit load so that sun exposure is as even and equal as possible and so that the load the canopy (the vine’s wall of leaves) has to ripen is never overbearing. We also cut off clusters that lag behind in the ripening process. But in that year, we had a stingy fruit set to begin with, so that the yields of Grenache were 59% of the last 7-year average and the yield of Syrah was at 44%. We feel that the most important number to consider is the pounds per vine, more so than the tons per acre. In that year our yields were a mind numbingly low 0.92 lbs. per vine for Grenache and 0.76 lbs. per vine for Syrah. The reasons why I point that out are twofold. One, for empathy and two, because the wines produced in such a year are quantitatively more limited, even more so than is typical.
I would guess they are just giving a a heads up on quantity and the possibility of running out - and I appreciate that.

They did it to me with Chimere. I was on vacation and tried to order the last day and was told no soup for me. I was in since year 1.

Yup. Put in my order. Was thinking about hedging but when they say first come first served I lost out on some others wines a few years ago.

Thanks for this Charles, that certainly makes sense - where is this from? Did you receive the physical mailer already?

prior offering story cut and pasted, maybe from TTT, thank you Charles

Maybe a chance to upgrade your Subaru?

[cheers.gif]

Helps increase FOMO. Revenue comes in much faster this way.

Once again, Screaming Eagle followed by SQN estate. Ugh. My credit score actually decreases due to the higher credit utilization.

Though I always place my order immediately on getting the email, I still so much look forward to receiving the mailer with the long letter from Manfred - never fails to amuse and enlighten!

I just realized that I’ve hit my 20th SQN anniversary!! The first wine that I ever purchased from SQN was the 1997 Twisted and Bent in 1999…hard for me to believe 20yrs have gone by (I think that makes me feel even older than when my son just turned 14!!) … as a credit to what Manfred and Elaine have grown, rather than becoming indifferent over time as I have with dozens of the wineries whose mailing lists I have been on during that time, I am as or more excited about each new vintage of their wines then when I placed that first order over the phone with Elaine way back then…

When I try and log in I get the following

We’re sorry, but our current offering has concluded.

did you already purchase? if so it’ll show that.

Otherwise still active

Tried 2 purchase but got error message

I just submitted my order and it went through without a problem.