Storage in SF Bay Area

I have to move about 40 cases of wine out of my house during a remodel, for about 4-5 months. It seems like every other day I see a story about a bunch of crooks stealing wine that’s entrusted to them to store, so I’m a bit skittish about letting them out of my sight. The wines are insured, but many are likely irreplaceable.

Does anybody have any storage recommendations in the SF Bay Area? I’ve used Vinfolio in the distant past, but they’ve had so many changes of ownership/CEO etc, I am concerned about their stability.

Who do people here use?

Wine Bank in Menlo Park is outstanding, I’m pretty sure they have a locker available that would handle that number of cases. K&L in SF would be another option, though I don’t know their availability.

Subterraneum in Oakland has been in business for more than 20 years and reliable in my experience. Several board members store wine there.

I can highly recommend San Francisco Wine Lockers in Daly City (formerly called Adventures in Wine). Merrick Dawson and his staff are great and access hours are very convenient.

I have been storing with Subterraneum in Oakland for about 18 years with no issues whatsoever.

+1

I have lockers at SF wine lockers and working with them has been great!

I use Wine Bank in Menlo Park. It has been great for me so far

K&L’s warehouse offers storage and they were excellent when our cellar was being finished

I use SF Wine Center, and am very happy with them. They have moved to a new location at Sansome/Green and should have space. If this is a reasonable location then I’d recommend them highly. Great service, great people. They offer services that K&L doesn’t (e.g. free receiving). Not cheap though.

arco in south sf.

+1

Wine Bank in Menlo…Awesome storage and people!

I second SF Wine Lockers. The area is kinda sketch because it’s near Cow Palace, but the warehouse and lockers are secure.

They still go by Adventures in Wine, but that is for their import side and the other name is just for storage. I have an extra large cage there and have been there for a few years and like them. Their prices have increased a little more than I would like, but they’re still one of the cheapest in the Bay Area. The lockers are actual metal cages and you use your own lock.

I used to store my wines at the Millbrae self storage but their lockers are just partitioned particle board with simple latches and you use your own lock. I moved out of there when the access door to the locker room wouldn’t stay shut anymore in addition to them actually being more expensive than where I am now.

Call Tomas at Wine Bank Menlo Park. I been there years now.

+1

I think the important part is where you live so that you have access to your wines without having to drive a long way. All the recommendations above will work for you. I live on the Peninsula and have been with WineBank since shortly after they opened.

I’m surprised that nobody has mentioned Collection 55 in Redwood City right off 101. They have a quality facility, good prices, and friendly business hours.

Huh, never heard of them. I checked out their website. They are a little more expensive than WineBank, but not by a whole lot.

Plus 3 regarding S.F. wine storage. Merrick and his team are great! champagne.gif