The search for a “wow” Rosé

Have yet to have one that caused me to sit up and take notice. Always enjoy them sitting on a porch on a beautiful Summer day/eve, or as a splendid paring with some nice, light fare…but not once has a Rosé put me in that deep contemplative zone of oenophilic bliss.

Whatcha got for me to try out to take me “there?” Keeping pricetag comfortably under the $50ish a pop range a huge plus.

Tempier

2017 Jean Fournier Marsannay Rosé
2017 François Cotat Sancerre Rosé

If we’re not counting bubbly, I would say the Clos Cibonne Cuvée Speciale is pretty exciting.

Domaine Tempier has been my favorite, but for QPR, Bedrock’s Ode to Lulu is one that is always in my cellar, or wine fridge (until I run out!).

Cht. Pradeaux
Cht. Simone
Cht. Peyrassol

+1

I’ve never had a non-Champagne ‘wow’ Rose. Tempier comes the closest.

My favorite is Chateau Margui

Cotat

I typically prefer rose as a refreshing drink for warm weather, but for a serious version, this is really good. Gros Nore Bandol is another really good one at a somewhat lower price than Tempier.

Lots of good suggestions.

2017 Y Leccia Patrimonio
2017 Abbatucci Cuvée Faustine

Generally am very taken by the pink wines from Corsica. Perhaps harder to find and a couple bucks more than “comparable” wines but nonetheless damn fine rose.

Tempier, as others have stated.

Lately, I’ve been greatly enjoying the 2012 Biondi Santi Rosato. Excellent stuff.

PYCM rosé from Pinot Noir - the most like a glass of great wine I’ve tried.

2017 Domaine Vacheron Sancerre Rosé (but one person’s “wow” can be another person’s “meh”)

Pataille, Foti, or Cotat

Would be helpful if OP added context. What have you tried to date? Also entirely possible that there will never be a “wow” rose for you. And that’s not a terrible thing either.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback.

As expected, not many stateside suggestions. The Rosé that tickled my fancy the most was a Rochioli. Suppose I have to get my azz out of the US and look to France for greater Rosé QPR, eh?

Edited to add: other Rosé that I have had that have been highly enjoyable are Dehlinger, Scherrer and Gary Farrell.

Tempier has always been a goto Provençal classic, but never a “wow” wine for me. Three Roses that have had me shout out SWEET BABY JESUS!!..Cotat(Francois/Pascal), Chateau Thivin, and Emidio Pepe Cerasuolo d’Abruzzo.

I was tempted to go with Bandols from Tempier or Pradeaux as they are quite good but the best rose I have ever had was from Cotat.