Spring is Here! And so are the Once & Future 2017's!

Spring is Here! And so are the Once & Future 2017’s!

Another portfolio of wines I like.

It is time for the Spring Release of the Once & Future 2017 food loving wines to solve that water problem.
1(Just had to figure out a way to use that W.C. Fields quote, which I love.)
This note is to announce our upcoming release that will take place at 12:01am PST, Tuesday, March 12, 2019.

The offering will be open until 11:59 pm PST, Friday March 22, 2019.
I will be releasing seven vineyard-designated wines from my 2017 vintage:

Oakley Road Mataro / 352 cases
Known in France as Mourvedre, these ancient vines are own-rooted, dry-farmed bush vines planted in the sandy soils of Contra Costa.
Note: Bright vanilla-laced red fruit with hints of earth and spice. Round, full finish.

Oakley Road Zinfandel / 226 cases
Like the Mataro, these vines are ancient own-rooted bush vines.
Note: Full, rich red and black fruit flavors. Big without being heavy. Very refined astringency.

Teldeschi Vineyard “Frank’s Block” Zinfandel / 252 cases
Classic dry-farmed, old vine Zinfandel/mixed black co-fermentation from the oldest block on the Teldeschi Ranch in Dry Creek Valley.
Note: Dark and aromatic. Lots of bright cherry, blackberry, and vibrant flavors combined with a juicy, mouthwatering finish.

Bedrock Vineyard Zinfandel / 226 cases
Vines planted in 1888 on the Agua Caliente Bench of Sonoma Valley.
Note: Very typical Bedrock ripe raspberry, baking spice character with a fresh, mineral-like smooth tannin finish.

Sodini Vineyard Zinfandel / 200 cases
A 1905 planting of Zinfandel/mixed blacks on Limerick Lane on the East side of the Russian River Valley.
Note: Cherry, raspberry, and plum flavors integrated perfectly with a pretty, structured finish.

Palisades Petite Sirah / 201 cases
Dry-farmed, head-pruned, located in a small valley just beneath the Palisades massive in Calistoga.
Note: Deep colored, a fairly massive wine, but not ponderous, with lots of black currents, blackberries, and black pepper in its flavor profile.

Sangiacomo Merlot / 226 cases
Shy-bearing Merlot from the cool climate Sonoma Valley Carneros region.
Note: Full of aromatics reminiscent of fresh plums with hints of green olives and vanilla. Flavorful, bright, and full bodied.

The case quantities are very limited. Each wine is handcrafted in small, open-topped redwood fermenters, fermented with native yeast and indigenous malolactic bacteria. All are aged in small French oak cooperage. These wines are a clear expression of my intent for Once & Future.
Thank you for your support of Once & Future. I look forward to seeing your name on my list of wine buyers on in March!
Cheers,
Joel

guess I used the wrong title. mods please merge with duplicate.