Wine Blog

Hello fellow wine geeks!
I go to Cal Poly Pomona and am enrolled in a blogging class. I recently created a blog called ‘For the Love of Wine’ that is dedicated to-you guessed it-my love for wine. I would love some suggestions as to what I should write about/what you would like to read about.
Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. In advance, thank you!

Here is the link: https://fortheloveofwine329384077.wordpress.com

Wait… there’s a class for blogging???
Man… I am old.

I found your Rose slushie suggestion interesting ( your protip at the end of your Trader Joe article), perhaps expand on that and blog some more on other things you can blend into wine to make it more palatable.

start with the wines you like most.

Ashley, why not a blog piece about this forum? I would help you.

Hit piece! neener

Smart - write a blog post about 20,000 ‘bloggers’ sharing in a venue thousands of times the size of a typical newbie wine blog audience. Pick a theme from Wine Talk, expound upon it!

I would like to read about things related to wine - science, history, etc. But are you in a position to write about any of that? There’s a lot of received wisdom out there that’s pretty much nonsense, but it keeps being repeated from one blog to another.

Before asking us what we would like to read about, maybe assess what you are qualified to write about and approach your blog that way. There may in fact be some people who are interested in your journey learning about wine, or your travels or experiences that taught you what you know. If you’re a biologist, you can write about viticulture, if you’re a wine maker, you can write about your experiences with each harvest. If you’re an enthusiastic drinker, you will have less to write about regarding wine and it will only be your tasting notes or preferences, which doesn’t distinguish it from the hundreds of other wine blogs.

Therefore, what I would do is use it as a launching pad. Wine can take you everywhere. So treat it like Proust and his cookie.

As someone who wrote then abandoned a wine blog to create something unique I would recommend thinking what you ultimately want to do. Have fun with it but acquaint yourself with other wine blogs and how to make yours different. Take good pictures and avoid the cliches of what else you see. If you want to look at something I wrote 8 years ago about the realities of writing a wine blog, go here: Thinking of writing a wine blog? Not so fast, kid! - worth noting - pdwr | purely domestic wine report I don’t think much has changed.

Good advice, Doug.