Flooding in Sonoma County

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
PHuff
GCC Member
GCC Member

Flooding in Sonoma County

#1 Post by PHuff » February 28th, 2019, 7:43 am

It looks like some serious rain and flooding is affecting Sonoma County and the Russian River area.......Hope everyone is safe and dry. Are the vineyards affected at this time of year from so much rain and flooding? Or is it too early to have any real impact?

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/02/27/ ... ma-county/
Paul

Hank Victor
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Flooding in Sonoma County

#2 Post by Hank Victor » February 28th, 2019, 9:39 am

Flooding is really bad in Sebastopool. Levi Dalton posted a picture on IG recently of flooding at Pax Winery.

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/9331 ... merges-the
- ITB
Take a chance, Columbus did..

H V br1M@

Anthony V
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3 Post by Anthony V » February 28th, 2019, 10:00 am

PHuff wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 7:43 am
It looks like some serious rain and flooding is affecting Sonoma County and the Russian River area.......Hope everyone is safe and dry. Are the vineyards affected at this time of year from so much rain and flooding? Or is it too early to have any real impact?

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/02/27/ ... ma-county/
Here is a blurb from a Marin IJ article

https://www.marinij.com/2019/02/27/this ... 15-a-year/

Along Martinelli Road, Doug Hartford surveyed the flooding near Hartford Family Winery, owned by his brother, Don, and sister-in-law Jenny. Some of the low-lying vineyards were underwater, but he wasn’t too concerned.

“When it’s not for a very long period of time, it doesn’t hurt the vines,” Hartford said, adding they’re hoping the water will recede quickly Thursday. “They’re dormant now. The damage comes if the vines are knocked over.”
Anthony Vail

Karen Troisi
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#4 Post by Karen Troisi » February 28th, 2019, 11:01 am

Brian has been posting photos of the RRV on Facebook - pretty alarming. This is from two hours ago
Attachments
E1ABF339-BDB5-47DB-AAA6-241B663421EE.jpeg
ITB - You should only make wines you love to drink.

JohnP

#5 Post by JohnP » February 28th, 2019, 12:21 pm

I can only assume DaVero is under water, anyone drive by there in Healdsburg?
John Pollard

Alan Rath
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6 Post by Alan Rath » February 28th, 2019, 12:24 pm

JohnP wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 12:21 pm
I haven't seen any reports of flooding in Healdsburg, or Dry Creek valley. It's predominantly farther down river at Guernville, and in Sebastopol (first time I can remember seeing flooding there).
I'm just one lost soul, swimming in a fish bowl, year after year

Anthony V
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7 Post by Anthony V » February 28th, 2019, 12:29 pm

Apparently The Barlow is almost completely flooded

http://www.sonomawest.com/sonoma_west_t ... f4374.html
Anthony Vail

TR Barry

#8 Post by TR Barry » February 28th, 2019, 1:04 pm

Some pictures from Gracianna Winery on the Russian River. Thoughts with all of the folks affected by this.
Attachments
g3.PNG
g2.PNG
gracianna.PNG
Todd- Lost In The White Room

Tom DeBiase
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9 Post by Tom DeBiase » February 28th, 2019, 1:07 pm

10.2 inches of rain in Windsor over the 2 days of rain. There is some flooding in Healdsburg but minor compared to Sebastopol, Forestville, Gurneville and other towns on or near the Russian River.

Other towns like Santa Rosa, Windsor etc had isolated street flooding. We had dinner last night in Glen Ellen and there was no standing water but not sure if there were problems during the height of the storm.
Sunny today and tomorrow, more storms Saturday and next Tuesday.

Tom

Ken Zinns
GCC Member
GCC Member

#10 Post by Ken Zinns » February 28th, 2019, 2:41 pm

Alan Rath wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 12:24 pm
JohnP wrote:
I haven't seen any reports of flooding in Healdsburg, or Dry Creek valley. It's predominantly farther down river at Guernville, and in Sebastopol (first time I can remember seeing flooding there).
Apparently some in the Jimtown area too. I know at least a couple of bridges across the river in that area were closed a couple of days ago.
ITB, Harrington Wines & Eno Wines, and Grape-Nutz.com

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#11 Post by Brian Tuite » February 28th, 2019, 3:20 pm

What’s a cubit?

It’s another flood event. Happens often out here, the vineyards will be fine, most homes in the flood zone have been raised so the flood is just a reason for a block party.

The issues at the Barlow are really strange because that facility has only been inline for 5 or so years and the fact that the County allowed them to build in a flood plains perplexing. Directly across Morris St from The Barlow is a complex that was built decades ago and they bright the ground level up 15’ before pouring foundations. It didn’t flood. Maybe the rules are lax for industrial areas?
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2019 WOTY...

Alan Rath
GCC Member
GCC Member

#12 Post by Alan Rath » February 28th, 2019, 3:28 pm

Brian Tuite wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 3:20 pm
The issues at the Barlow are really strange because that facility has only been inline for 5 or so years and the fact that the County allowed them to build in a flood plains perplexing. Directly across Morris St from The Barlow is a complex that was built decades ago and they bright the ground level up 15’ before pouring foundations. It didn’t flood. Maybe the rules are lax for industrial areas?
I was really surprised to see that, I didn't know that area was prone to flooding. It's not from the Russian River (at least not directly). There's a wetlands area just to the east, so obviously it's a low spot. Was it localized to the Barlow, or did flooding spread more widely into downtown Sebastopol?

Anthony V
GCC Member
GCC Member

#13 Post by Anthony V » February 28th, 2019, 3:31 pm

Alan Rath wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 3:28 pm
Brian Tuite wrote:
I was really surprised to see that, I didn't know that area was prone to flooding. It's not from the Russian River (at least not directly). There's a wetlands area just to the east, so obviously it's a low spot. Was it localized to the Barlow, or did flooding spread more widely into downtown Sebastopol?
Check out this drone footage of the flooding. You can see that it is very localized to that area.

Anthony Vail

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14 Post by Brian Tuite » February 28th, 2019, 3:43 pm

JohnP wrote:
I was in Healdsburg yesterday and while the water was high it was not high enough to affect DaVero. It covered some land on both sides of the river but DaVero is higher than you would think.
5D3B6974-83F5-46BD-A555-78D7EF3E344B.jpeg
73153B29-21B2-4680-B4EF-F3CBEBB31BA5.jpeg

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

2019 WOTY...

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15 Post by Brian Tuite » February 28th, 2019, 3:50 pm

Alan Rath wrote:
Brian Tuite wrote:
The Laguna de Santa Rosa runs through there and the Laguna always backs up when the River floods. Water generally spreads out there and East (The Chevron Station and Auto Shops on Hwy 12). Did the same thing in ‘95 and ‘86 and toa lesser degree in ‘97-‘98 and again in ‘06.

It causes all the East West passages to flood. Todd Rd, Llano Rd, Hwy 12, Occidental Rd, Guerneville Rd, River Rd. Then to the North the runoff affects Eastside, Westside, Trenton Healdsburg, Wohler, Slusser, Mark West Station/Starr.

In Sebastopol the water came up 12 to just past Community Market. Pax and Zazu had a foot or more.

2019 WOTY...

Andrew Demaree
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16 Post by Andrew Demaree » February 28th, 2019, 4:27 pm

How are things are your house, Brian?

David Baum

#17 Post by David Baum » February 28th, 2019, 7:17 pm

Is Northwood in Monte Rio underwater?

Randy Bowman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#18 Post by Randy Bowman » February 28th, 2019, 7:31 pm

There were a couple posts on FB that a couple tasting rooms in downtown Guerneville plan to be open tomorrow, inviting people back to Sonoma County to support local businesses.
IN THE BUSINESS SHILL: An associate of a person selling goods, who pretends no association to the seller and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer.

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#19 Post by Brian Tuite » February 28th, 2019, 8:42 pm

Andrew Demaree wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 4:27 pm
I’m up on a hill, other than the inconvenience of some flooded roadways extending my commute I’m fine.
David Baum wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 7:17 pm
Parts were. Fairways but not the clubhouse. I saw some aerial photos of Monte Rio but can’t find them now.

2019 WOTY...

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#20 Post by Brian Tuite » February 28th, 2019, 8:45 pm

TR Barry wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 1:04 pm
Some pictures from Gracianna Winery on the Russian River. Thoughts with all of the folks affected by this.
Pulling their inventory from All Ways Cool and storing it under the house has backfired on them.

2019 WOTY...

David Baum

#21 Post by David Baum » February 28th, 2019, 9:32 pm

Brian Tuite wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 8:42 pm
Andrew Demaree wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 4:27 pm
I’m up on a hill, other than the inconvenience of some flooded roadways extending my commute I’m fine.
David Baum wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 7:17 pm
Parts were. Fairways but not the clubhouse. I saw some aerial photos of Monte Rio but can’t find them now.
Thx, I'd guess 3,4,8 and the tee box on 9 are most impacted. Hopefully it comes out fine. That place is special and love playing whenever I'm in the area.

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#22 Post by Brian Tuite » March 1st, 2019, 6:16 am

Downstream in Monte Rio proper but this should give some perspective to the water level up at Northwood.
Attachments
AE555129-5A9D-46EE-8C7D-E80FE28094DB.jpeg
6361EB59-7758-4D7A-A4CB-4AEF08FF52A3.jpeg
28B0A401-2315-4A28-A3E0-82101263E4E7.jpeg

2019 WOTY...

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#23 Post by Brian Tuite » March 1st, 2019, 6:19 am

Summer vs Flood ay the Hacienda Bridge in Forestville.That’s a lot of water.
C7CEAE45-9BB0-47E8-832A-4F907741B131.jpeg
DE854214-D99B-4AFE-8E64-6A3F1C3FB34C.jpeg

2019 WOTY...

Tom DeBiase
GCC Member
GCC Member

#24 Post by Tom DeBiase » March 1st, 2019, 7:40 am

There is an element to why the Russian River floods that many people don't know about. The river flows from way up in Mendocino down to the Pacific ocean and that is where the problem is. The Pacific tides come in and out. When there is heavy rain and the river starts to rise flooding can occur when the Pacific tide "comes in" and essentially dams the Russian River causing it to rise and eventually spill over its banks.

When there is SEVERE rain, like the storms this week the problem is the same but the instead of more localized flooding it becomes widespread.

Remove the tidal surge (I know that's impossible) and the flooding would decrease dramatically. That is why Brian's photo of the bridge is so dramatic. Tremendous amounts of water flowing down the river hitting the resistance of the incoming tide. The river can only rise and eventually spill over and flood.

Hoping that the Guerneville - Monte Rio can get back to normal ASAP.

Tom

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#25 Post by Brian Tuite » March 1st, 2019, 9:17 am

That flow at the Hacienda bridge was about 17,000 cu/ft per second or 1.65 acre feet per second.

Passed by DaVero a little bit ago. The soil on the roads through the vineyard is dry.
7E5DD433-7A49-4F50-97E4-162EC2C18225.jpeg

2019 WOTY...

Alan Rath
GCC Member
GCC Member

#26 Post by Alan Rath » March 1st, 2019, 9:52 am

Tom DeBiase wrote:
March 1st, 2019, 7:40 am
Remove the tidal surge (I know that's impossible) and the flooding would decrease dramatically. That is why Brian's photo of the bridge is so dramatic. Tremendous amounts of water flowing down the river hitting the resistance of the incoming tide. The river can only rise and eventually spill over and flood.
Tom, I don't think this is true, at least not once you're a mile or two up-river. Certainly not a factor far up-river in Guernville. Flooding there occurs because there is a large drainage basin feeding the river up stream, a lot of local hills surrounding the river collecting rainfall (in this particular storm some nearby locations hit as much as 20" in a 48 hour period, to give some indication of how much rain there was), all having to flow down to the river, then through it's narrow path between hills on both sides. Guernville is about 56' above sea level, tides in recent days have been about 6 feet max, that's really not a factor.

Tom DeBiase
GCC Member
GCC Member

#27 Post by Tom DeBiase » March 1st, 2019, 10:25 am

Alan Rath wrote:
March 1st, 2019, 9:52 am
Tom DeBiase wrote:
Tom, I don't think this is true, at least not once you're a mile or two up-river. Certainly not a factor far up-river in Guernville. Flooding there occurs because there is a large drainage basin feeding the river up stream, a lot of local hills surrounding the river collecting rainfall (in this particular storm some nearby locations hit as much as 20" in a 48 hour period, to give some indication of how much rain there was), all having to flow down to the river, then through it's narrow path between hills on both sides. Guernville is about 56' above sea level, tides in recent days have been about 6 feet max, that's really not a factor.
When we visited the Bodega Marine Laboratory in Bodega Bay last year a visitor asked a question about flooding in the area during 2017. The official brought up the effect that the tides had on flooding, especially coastal floods and flooding of the Russian River.
I don't know the actual geographies of the area and how it contributes to flooding, just relaying what an official at the BML told us.

Tom

JDavisRoby
GCC Member
GCC Member

#28 Post by JDavisRoby » March 1st, 2019, 10:52 am

Brian Tuite wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 8:45 pm
TR Barry wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 1:04 pm
Pulling their inventory from All Ways Cool and storing it under the house has backfired on them.
I was curious if any wine inventory was lost in the winery floods.

A cave sounds great until there’s a flood and it turns into an underground lake.
Joshu@

Scott E.

#29 Post by Scott E. » March 1st, 2019, 12:02 pm

Brian Tuite wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 3:50 pm
Alan Rath wrote:
Brian Tuite wrote:
The Laguna de Santa Rosa runs through there and the Laguna always backs up when the River floods. Water generally spreads out there and East (The Chevron Station and Auto Shops on Hwy 12). Did the same thing in ‘95 and ‘86 and toa lesser degree in ‘97-‘98 and again in ‘06.

It causes all the East West passages to flood. Todd Rd, Llano Rd, Hwy 12, Occidental Rd, Guerneville Rd, River Rd. Then to the North the runoff affects Eastside, Westside, Trenton Healdsburg, Wohler, Slusser, Mark West Station/Starr.

In Sebastopol the water came up 12 to just past Community Market. Pax and Zazu had a foot or more.
Couldn't tell from the drone footage if KB facility was flooded or not and I don't know how accurate the interactive flood map is, but the map shows that flooding in the Barlow area of Sebastopol extends west to about Taft Street, which is a good two blocks west of where Kosta-Browne is located on Morris. They were just getting ready to start shipping appellation wines in a couple of weeks.
$.E$te$

M. Dildine
GCC Member
GCC Member

#30 Post by M. Dildine » March 1st, 2019, 12:06 pm

Brian Tuite wrote:
What’s a cubit?

It’s another flood event. Happens often out here, the vineyards will be fine, most homes in the flood zone have been raised so the flood is just a reason for a block party.

Good to see you are high and dry sir!
Cheers,

Mike

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#31 Post by Brian Tuite » March 1st, 2019, 7:32 pm

Scott E. wrote:
March 1st, 2019, 12:02 pm

Couldn't tell from the drone footage if KB facility was flooded or not and I don't know how accurate the interactive flood map is, but the map shows that flooding in the Barlow area of Sebastopol extends west to about Taft Street, which is a good two blocks west of where Kosta-Browne is located on Morris. They were just getting ready to start shipping appellation wines in a couple of weeks.
I drive right by KB and the rest of the Eastern and Northern Barlow on my way home. Today there were lots of people at KB washing kegs. The building 5ook on maybe a foot of water. I would assume that they have their wine in cold storage offsite. Along Laguna Pkwy it was like a ghost town. Most everything to the north is on higher ground. Taft St is behind the police dept and that didn’t get any flood. It stopped at Pax as the Distillery next door is up higher as well.

2019 WOTY...

JDavisRoby
GCC Member
GCC Member

#32 Post by JDavisRoby » March 1st, 2019, 7:38 pm

From Pax today.

Joshu@

Chris Johnson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#33 Post by Chris Johnson » March 1st, 2019, 7:55 pm

Tom DeBiase wrote:
March 1st, 2019, 10:25 am
Alan Rath wrote:
March 1st, 2019, 9:52 am
Tom DeBiase wrote:
When we visited the Bodega Marine Laboratory in Bodega Bay last year a visitor asked a question about flooding in the area during 2017. The official brought up the effect that the tides had on flooding, especially coastal floods and flooding of the Russian River.
I don't know the actual geographies of the area and how it contributes to flooding, just relaying what an official at the BML told us.

Tom
They taught us the same thing in college during the 97-98 El Niño. We had to do a case study on the Russian that basically had the same conclusion. Tides have a tremendous amount of power. The Columbia River tidal influence goes up to the Bonneville dam which is over 146 miles from the ocean. It’s interesting when you see the Willamette slow down in the spring when you’re in downtown Portland. I’ve been on the anchor in my boat and swung completely around while fishing.

Randy Bowman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#34 Post by Randy Bowman » March 1st, 2019, 7:58 pm

Facebook has had a good number of before, during and after pics that show the flooding, the clean up and the spiffy clean results. There has been some outstanding clean up efforts in Guerneville.
before.jpg
after.jpg
IN THE BUSINESS SHILL: An associate of a person selling goods, who pretends no association to the seller and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer.

Sean Devaney

#35 Post by Sean Devaney » March 1st, 2019, 9:39 pm

Wow! That looks like they flipped the before and after pics. Do you know who's yard that is?

Casey Hartlip
GCC Member
GCC Member

#36 Post by Casey Hartlip » March 2nd, 2019, 8:21 am

I never understood why people would continue to live in areas that get flooded every 3-5 years.
Ordway's Valley Foothills

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#37 Post by Brian Tuite » March 2nd, 2019, 8:29 am

There are no palm trees in Guerneville Randy. River just went below flood yesterday, there is no way anyone cleaned up that quickly.
Last edited by Brian Tuite on March 2nd, 2019, 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

2019 WOTY...

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#38 Post by Brian Tuite » March 2nd, 2019, 8:40 am

Casey Hartlip wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 8:21 am
I never understood why people would continue to live in areas that get flooded every 3-5 years.
Cheap rent. Seriously though, if you live there it’s the best place to live in the Summer but the worst place to live in the Winter. All the homes along the river were traditionally Summer vacation rentals that were unoccupied in the winter months. Most of the year round homes have been raised up 1 to 2 stories above flood. They make apartments out of the lower floors and rent them.After the ‘95 flood most insurance companies would not cover a home thatw as not raised. There was a big push then and lots of homes were lifted.

The major floods come in a 10-12 year cycle. In the nearly 30 years I’ve lived in Forestville the river has hit flood stage more than a dozen times but homes do not get inundated until the river rises up another 8 feet. This year and in 4 previous winters it has gone up 8-13’ above flood. It’s a way of life. People stock up with food and drink and have block parties. Canoe back and forth and watch homes of neighbors who evacuate. Aside from the 1,000 or more homes that flood tyere are 5,000 more that are up above the flood and just flooded in.

2019 WOTY...

JDavisRoby
GCC Member
GCC Member

#39 Post by JDavisRoby » March 3rd, 2019, 6:49 pm

Based on Instagram posts it looks like Barlow was hit pretty hard. Appeared that Pax/Wind Gap was throwing a lot of wine out.

Reports of any others?
Joshu@

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#40 Post by Brian Tuite » March 3rd, 2019, 7:31 pm

JDavisRoby wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 6:49 pm
Based on Instagram posts it looks like Barlow was hit pretty hard. Appeared that Pax/Wind Gap was throwing a lot of wine out.

Reports of any others?
KB took on way more water than Wind Gap but it’s a production facility not cold storage. Haven’t heard amything about losses at Wind Gap. Couldn’t be too bad they only took on a foot of water. That’s the bottom level of a palate if they even store their wine in house. 11 cases per palate that got wet.

2019 WOTY...

larry schaffer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#41 Post by larry schaffer » March 3rd, 2019, 8:20 pm

Is Pax still sharing a space or selling some Wind Gap stuff? I though they were completely separate by my now?

Cheers
larry schaffer
tercero wines

JDavisRoby
GCC Member
GCC Member

#42 Post by JDavisRoby » March 3rd, 2019, 8:27 pm

Brian Tuite wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 7:31 pm
JDavisRoby wrote:

Reports of any others?
KB took on way more water than Wind Gap but it’s a production facility not cold storage. Haven’t heard amything about losses at Wind Gap. Couldn’t be too bad they only took on a foot of water. That’s the bottom level of a palate if they even store their wine in house. 11 cases per palate that got wet.
I was just going off the photo Pax posted on his Instagram story. Showed a big bin of bottles of Pax & Wind Gap tossed in with a caption alluding to an expensive loss.
Joshu@

JDavisRoby
GCC Member
GCC Member

#43 Post by JDavisRoby » March 3rd, 2019, 8:28 pm

larry schaffer wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 8:20 pm
Is Pax still sharing a space or selling some Wind Gap stuff? I though they were completely separate by my now?

Cheers
I think the tasting room at the Barlow is selling thru the remaining inventory but could be wrong.
Joshu@

ericleehall

#44 Post by ericleehall » March 4th, 2019, 10:03 am

I used to own that property. The buildings have all been raised since I got flooded out of there in 2005/2006.

That being said, the area you showed in the after photo facing north is a bit misleading as the pool is the highest area on the property, and as I found out to my shock flood insurance does not cover the pool, pool equipment, landscaping, and anything deemed outdoor.

The whole rear of that property, where I held the first two "Pinot on the River" events 15 years ago, is probably still under water, so they have a lot of hard, dirty work ahead of them.

Best of luck to them, of course, I'm glad I left, even though I lost everything.
Randy Bowman wrote:
March 1st, 2019, 7:58 pm
Facebook has had a good number of before, during and after pics that show the flooding, the clean up and the spiffy clean results. There has been some outstanding clean up efforts in Guerneville.

before.jpg

after.jpg
All for the Love of Pinot!
www.roadhousewinery.com

ericleehall

#45 Post by ericleehall » March 4th, 2019, 11:16 am

The Barlow owners are getting a lot of fingers pointed at them. Read the comment below this article, which is a more thoughtful version of a lot of angry comments from tenants, on the PressDemocrat.com site.

I also have heard from multiple sources, while at World of Pinot over the weekend, that the damage at a very famous winery there, is much, much worse than reported. I have no firsthand knowledge of this however.

http://www.sonomawest.com/sonoma_west_t ... f4374.html
All for the Love of Pinot!
www.roadhousewinery.com

D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member

#46 Post by D@vid Bu3ker » March 4th, 2019, 11:27 am

JDavisRoby wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 8:27 pm
Brian Tuite wrote:
JDavisRoby wrote:

Reports of any others?
I was just going off the photo Pax posted on his Instagram story. Showed a big bin of bottles of Pax & Wind Gap tossed in with a caption alluding to an expensive loss.
Which photo? I just looked at both the Pax winery account, and Pax's personal account, and saw nothing other than the flooded building photo from the outside.
David Bueker - Rieslingfan

JDavisRoby
GCC Member
GCC Member

#47 Post by JDavisRoby » March 4th, 2019, 12:15 pm

D@vid Bu3ker wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 11:27 am
JDavisRoby wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 8:27 pm
Brian Tuite wrote:

Which photo? I just looked at both the Pax winery account, and Pax's personal account, and saw nothing other than the flooded building photo from the outside.
It was on his personal Instagram story which disappears after a certain time. (24 hours?)
Joshu@

D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member

#48 Post by D@vid Bu3ker » March 4th, 2019, 12:18 pm

Thanks. Just found it. The bins looked like mostly cardboard, etc. Maybe there were different ones earlier.
David Bueker - Rieslingfan

JDavisRoby
GCC Member
GCC Member

#49 Post by JDavisRoby » March 4th, 2019, 1:07 pm

The photo I was referencing is gone. It was a similar size bin but all bottles. I believe two of those bins.
Joshu@

Tom G l a s g o w
GCC Member
GCC Member

#50 Post by Tom G l a s g o w » March 4th, 2019, 3:31 pm

Bad news, any word on Pax’s inventory?

Return to “Wine Talk”