Recycled uses for OWC’s

So I recently toured the warehouse at United Home Wrecking on Hope Street in Stamford CT and when I turned one of the corners and came across the inserted below item, I chuckled. So I am interested in seeing or hearing about what kinds of recycled uses you have come up with for your OWC’s in your home(s) or do you just burn them :wink:

Do tell.
2DE366C7-19AD-4A02-B45C-5D28E728BB5F.jpeg

Kindling, to burn empty styrofoam wine shippers.

lol

My DRC OWC 12 pack cases are great for CD’s, remember those? Port Boxes for LP’s.

My kids made bookshelves with mine.

I’ve used them for kindling. I’ve used them to hold kindling and gardening tools.

I saved a bunch of ends once thinking I’d cover the exterior wall of the cellar with them. Never got around to it.

My wife wanted a barn door, she didn’t want to throw the boxes away, voila! A good way to remember some of the wines we have drank together over the years too!
Barn door.jpg

Wow. That is impressive and looks great. I might just have to try it myself…

This was at a decent but unremarkable cafe in Florida. I give them props.
DSC_0143.JPG

A friend used them for the backsplash of the counter in his wine room.

Damn, Joe…that is cool. Bravo. [worship.gif]

That’s what I was thinking–well done, Joe!

:+1::+1:

At retail we used the box logos in a similar fashion and attached them to a piece of plywood in front of a metal desk.

I use the boxes at home in the garage to keep supplies; motor oil, windshield washer, etc. I also blew out the bottoms painted them with red fence/deck paint and used them as tomato boxes. They have lasted at least one season successfully.

There’s a guy on the Wine Spectator Forum who crafts them into birdhouses.

A guy near me varnishes or shellacs them and turns them into cheese servers/cutting boards. I wish I had a picture of them as they were pretty nice.

I think some guy in Napa makes guitars from them.

Nice. I did a similar thing around my wine cellar, though yours is a bit more polished looking.

great topic; I was just wondering how to create something with it that could be useful, look nice and serve also as something to bring good memories of those wines. I love the barn door; will plan something for it…

I turned two Kata boxes into a wine tool-box and a place for the silver serving pieces that do not fit in the regular silver box.
7293FDC7-95A5-4AD1-9693-AEC046240034.jpeg
02B7360D-1C7A-411F-9EF4-B6B35A2FB956.jpeg
Next project will be something to house my guitar pedals and store cables, etc in a more slightly manner. Then? I also have the idea to do a wall, or a table / bar or something!