Myriad Release today

Just picked up one bottle each of all 6 wines they were offering. How soon should I wait to pop one of the Cabs i got from last years offering. Want to drink one this weekend.

If your talking 16’s i would wait a few years, they are not very approachable yet

A lot of people favor the G3 cab early. Could be a good candidate for one to pop.

Order in for a mixed pack of Las Madres 100% WC and Halcon Vineyard. I was shocked at how well the 2016 Las Madres 100% WC drank on release and was one of my favorite syrahs I had all year last year. [cheers.gif]

In every year. Two of each Syrah but 3 Halcon and 3 WC LM. Love these wines.

Why would anyone open a Myriad Cab with only 2.5 years on it? These cabs improve with patience. Personally I would wait another year and a half to open the first 2016. Do you have any 2014 to open now?

I don’t know, maybe someone who is a new customer and and wants to get an idea for what he has?

Yep brand new customer. Want to see if I enjoy before buying more.

Perhaps there are some older Myriad Cabs on the secondary market available. If you open a 2016, and it’s not ready? Or you can locate a 2014 or older GIII or Crane, and say YES!

When there are people opening $7000 2016 Grand Cru Burgs here… does it really matter why someone’s opening a $55 young cab?

Thanks for the reminder. The syrahs (that’s what the release is today even though there’s some cab discussion above) take a bit of time to come around, but holy cow they’re awesome when they’re ready. Very good value.

2x for me down the line!

Semillon . Great summer wine .

What Cabs did you buy from ‘16?

Round pond and Three twins. It was all they had left and I bought to try them and be moved to tier one for future offers. I loved the Sangiacamo Syrah I got from the same vintage.

The round pond are delicious

Why are people so worried about opening a young Myriad Cab?? Decant it, allow 60-120 minutes of air and embrace the LOVE.

I’d agree with this. Then again I haven’t opened any of my 16 myriads. I’ll fix that this weekend.

I popped a GIII tonight thinking I could give him some feedback but alas…

The Round Pond is really nice. Probably the most AFWE Cab he has made though so everything builds in intensity off that.

'16 Dr. Crane was drinking nicely last time I had it last month. Really great value (and I bought it at a markup too).