Jacques Selosse Initial

NV Jacques Selosse Initial - France, Champagne, Champagne Grand Cru (3/22/2019)

Disgorged in April 2016. What a delicate nose, with lovely, gentle toasty and biscuity notes. Fresh and vived on the palate with subtly nutty notes and gorgeous sparkling finesse! This Initial is a blend of vintages 2010, 2009 and 2008.

Posted from CellarTracker

Sounds tasty! And love the “non-Champagne” stems—we often use “regular” stems for bubbles, too.

Wine sounds great.

Mark,

Surprised anyone here uses flutes, unless you had company or some ritualistic event.

My ritualistic event is trying not to repeatedly annoy my wife. Plus Riedel flutes look great and work pretty well.

I use ours for making French 75s :slight_smile:

Craig you are probably correct that is imperative in a marriage that you must have your bride be happy ! “Happy Wife’ Happy Life”

If you are ever at an event with “us guys” which I think I have met you at one or more of in NYC { DiFara’s I think } it is important to understand that most Champagne geeks, of which I AM one prefer their good stuff out of a white wine glass or sometimes a Burgundy glass. The aromas become much more prominent and the Champagne which already tasted good becomes even better. [cheers.gif]

A wine I could happily drink every single day of my life.

I use everything from antique bowl shaped champagne glasses to plastic solo cups. Love me some flutes too!

And it would be different every time.

I am serious, and I love this wine. It’s highly variable but delicious every time I’ve had it. I do prefer the less funky bottles/releases. It sounds like this was one of those.

Love the wine, hate the price.

€71 on the list now. :wink:

Selosse’s wines are unique, vinous and brilliant, my favorite Champagne grower!!