Good wine stores to visit in Fisherman's Wharf area, San Fransisco

Gonna stay two days there later this week. I’m not going to rent a car nor visiting Napa Valley ( yes I know I’m gonna miss a lot fun). Any nice wine shops worth a look in the vicinity?

Nope.

K&L is close enough and worth a visit

Ferry Plaza Wine Merchant, located in the Ferry Building ( One Ferry Building, #23, San Francisco, CA 94111 ) has had some interesting stuff and does tastings. Co-located with The Slanted Door, which is very worthwhile if you like aromatic whites (Riesling). Smaller than K&L.

Cheers,
fred

Yup…BryanKane of Vie/SolRouge has a tasting room there, TheWinery:
https://www.celebrationswineclub.com/the-winery-san-francisco-0113/

He makes some very good wines, mostly from LakeCnty.
Tom

Isn’t DeeVine near there?

Not sure, Alan. Been awhile since I’ve been down there.
Tom

Dee Vine closed that location.

As someone else said Ferry Plaza is worth visiting.

Verjus - a new wine bar from Quince allows you to purchase bottles (mostly Natural)

K&L - worth a visit

Flatiron - also worth a visit and not too far from you

I would also add if there is something specific you are looking for you could order ahead from many shops in California and have it shipped to your hotel.

The wine club and flatiron are within walking distance as is K&L

Hmmmm…Fisherman’s Wharf…I hear you can get good seafood there!!! [snort.gif]
Tom

Tom,
Aliotos at FW can be quite good. Nunzio Alioto, now retired from the company, is an MS.
Doesn t the Tresury compoany (Beringer, BV etc) have a tasting room at Ghirardelli Square?

Maritime is a pretty good wine bar on Columbus, and they sell what they pour. West Coast Wine & Cheese on Union sounds like it wouldn’t be worthwhile, but their selection of local stuff is excellent and the food is really good, too. I’m drawing a blank on a Chestnut street place but it can’t be that hard to track down. +1 on the Ferry Building recs. Flatiron is kind of a hike but it’s really good. K&L would be a car ride away.

Flatiron is 2 miles, the others 2.5 miles. But the cable car to Powell and Market will bring you to a half mile away and is a fun ride.

Try William Cross Wine Merchants on Polk Street. It is a 5 minute Uber from the Wharf Excellent selection, owned by Stephen Sherman who is there most days. Tell him I sent you.

Nice selection, but piss poor customer service. Seems like employees really don’t want to be there. Odd, considering how their customer service is one of the best with online purchases.

Thx for all tips

He makes a Las Madres Syrah that’s quite tasty.

Is that your final answer?

My office is at the Wharf, not much in super close proximity. The previously mentioned William Cross is walking distance as is Biondivino.

The Jug Shop is a further walk through Russian Hill.

Guess not. While San Francisco has wonderful wine stores, there are no good wine stores to visit in the Fisherman’s Wharf area. The store in the Ferry building is pretty nice but that’s pretty far down the Embarcadero.

You can, however, get a fine Irish coffee at the Buena Vista.