TN: 2016 Idlewild Cortese Fox Hill Vineyard

2016 Idlewild Cortese Fox Hill Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Mendocino County (3/25/2019)
Slightly cloudy from the partial skin-contact, this was effusive on the nose from the get go. Served at cellar temperature (55-ish), it was medium-bodied and bright on the palate, showing lots of pithy fruit elements, as well as a bit of brambly spice. It warmed up to maybe 60 degrees or so, and that extra bit of warmth opened the aromatics further, with more tree fruit, fresh hay and a touch of honeysuckle. Served with some cacio e pepe (heavy on the pepper), and grilled chicken, and the pairing worked very well.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks David, love this wine. Unique and so versatile with food. Here is my note from last fall just after the release of the wine.

2016 Cortese Fox Hill Vineyard: 75% directly pressed and barrel fermented / 25% fermented on skins with a total maceration of nearly three months. Orange oil, fresh apple, chamomile and spice all in perfect balance. Good acidity, the long finish has some tannin. Good oily mouthfeel and texture. Honestly I didn’t think Sam could do better than the 2015 Cortese but I actually like the 2016 a bit more. This wine would be the perfect white to serve with Thanksgiving dinner. 12.9% abv