Three 2010 Brunello (Neri, Uccelliera and Molino di Sant' Antimo)

Last weekend we visited some friends and decided to open a few 2010 Brunello’s to see how they are progressing. I purchased about 12-18 mixed bottles from the outstanding 2010 vintage and my friend went even deeper into that vintage. Here are my notes:

2010 Casanova di Neri Brunello di Montalcino - Italy, Tuscany, Montalcino, Brunello di Montalcino (3/29/2019)
Opened by a friend. Not decanted. Blackish red color. Rich texture with ripe fruit. The earthiest of the 3 wines in this lineup. Red currant, violet and wet earth notes. Long spicy finish. No rush to drink. Hold. 93+ points.

2010 Molino di Sant’ Antimo Brunello di Montalcino Paolvs - Italy, Tuscany, Montalcino, Brunello di Montalcino (3/29/2019)
The land for this estate was purchased and planted in the 1980’s. This wine comes from a 7 hectare vineyard near Castelnuovo dell’Abate. Aged in French oak (10% new). 14.5% alcohol. Not decanted. Earthy with cinnamon, black fruit and chocolate notes. Silky texture with a medium body. This was the softest and most approachable of the 3 2010’s. 92-93 points

2010 Uccelliera Brunello di Montalcino - Italy, Tuscany, Montalcino, Brunello di Montalcino (3/30/2019)
Opened by a friend. Not decanted. Deep purple color. Aromas of tobacco and smoke. Robust wine with current, blackberry and leather notes. Full bodied with firm tannins. The deepest of the 3 2010’s that we tried but too young to fully enjoy now. Far superior to the 1999 or 2012 vintages which I previously drank. Give this time. 95+ points.

VM