TN: Dirty and Rowdy Trifecta

Tasted these wines over the past few weeks and like every wine Hardy makes these were all terrific even with drinking the two whites out of the worst possible glasses :slight_smile:.

2018 Dirty & Rowdy Familiar Blanc: This is sinfully good and very crushable. Pour this into your glass and you are treated to lemon and bergamot, ripe apple, chamomile and floral notes. This years version may be a touch fuller and round compared to other years but still had great brisk acidity. Enjoyment of this wine is simple, pop a cork and crush away. Lovely with grilled corvina sea bass. 12.3% ABV

2013 Dirty & Rowdy Chardonnay Alder Springs Vineyard: A few years age have put the pieces of this wine together. The wine has lemon oil, lime zest notes, lots of rocks and minerals, ripe orchard fruit (pear, apple) and white floral notes. Finishes with just a touch of creaminess. Fantastic with a big hunk of grilled halibut. 13.3% ABV

2016 Dirty & Rowdy Familiar: Sometimes having a casual simple (but not perfectly accurate) spreadsheet for wine inventory works in ones favor as I discovered on a back shelf though the inventory says zero. Oh well.
I find a year or so does the Familiar time to settle in and unwind but mine rarely last that long.
Still very fresh with lots of Bing cherry fruit, cranberry, blood orange, rosy floral notes, earthy and a bit feral which brings it all together. Sure you think about all that is going on with this wine but it is another D&R crushable wine :slight_smile: 13.3 ABV. I apologize for the blurry photo of the Familiar wine. A tray of glasses crashed behind me as I was snapping the picture.
IMG_20190329_175234.jpg
IMG_20190405_174505.jpg
IMG_20190328_183531.jpg

Ha ha! Awesome notes Tom! But I agree…weve gotta get you some new stemware man!

Hey Rich thanks. There is actually a cool story behind those shi**y glasses. Out in Bodega Bay there is a dive bar, old creaky building, pool tables, jukebox etc. I’ve been to lots of them this one is near the top:) What makes this one unique is on Friday, Saturday and Sunday a Michelin Star chef comes in and cooks some fabulous meals at VERY reasonable prices. Some of the best food you can have in Sonoma County.

The glasses are the standard glassware there, at least they are not Dixie cups :slight_smile:. Its the kinda place that a pair of Riedels just wouldn’t cut it [cheers.gif]

Tom

Love it man! Adds to the charm of the place - totally get it!

Plus…when it comes to D&R, I’m pretty sure its acceptable to swig straight from the bottle. Maybe Hardy can correct me if I’m wrong :wink: