TN: 2018 Ryme Vermentino, 2018 Ryme Sangiovese Friulano

2018 Ryme Cellars Vermentino “Hers” Las Brisas Vineyard: Aromatic aromas of apple, citrus, tropical fruit. Flavors follow the nose with golden apple, citrus and tropical flavors with added spicy and floral notes alongside nice minerality. Nice acidity and finish, this is seriously good vermentino that you will enjoy sipping or pairing with a variety of food. At the recent Ryme Pick Up, after tasting it we bought an additional magnum of this wine as it is also a favorite of our dinner guests. That night it was drained quickly, it was great with planked salmon. 11.2 ABV.

2018 Ryme Cellars Sangiovese Friulano Fox Hill Vineyard: Mouthwatering and Juicy best describe this wine. It is delicious. Some Background, At Fox Hill Vineyard in Mendocino, Friulano is planted next to the Sangiovese. These two varieties were picked together and co-fermented carbonically. The wine was aged in Puncheon and bottled in January, unfiltered and with a minuscule sulfur addition.
Red raspberry, sour cherry, pomegranate, herbs and a hint of clove, this is a light red wine not a typical heavy sangiovese. Put a chill on this and enjoy, especially with the upcoming summer weather. I guarantee the bottle won’t last very long. A big yum tonight with brined pork chops and 85 degree California weather [cheers.gif] 12.1 ABV

If you are planning to come to Sonoma County, set up an appointment to taste with Ryme Cellars. They have an eclectic group of wines that are low alcohol, see old wood and pair really well with food. Plus Ryan and Megan (hence RYME) Glaab are two of the nicest people in the industry.

Tom
IMG_20190407_195807.jpg
IMG_20190417_180127.jpg

Excellent! I am very excited to bust out the Friulano this summer, and I am always a fan of their vermentino.