Cork recycling day

The puppy was making a meal of these day after day so it was time. The bag must weigh 30 pounds. Many of you around this Board drank a number of bottles that were attached to these corks.
20190420_094743.jpg
20190420_094732.jpg

Here’s what you can do with them, Frank (from this week’s New Yorker):
Cork Frankenstein monster.JPG

Surprised to see only a few champagne corks in the mix… they must sink to the bottom. champagne.gif

Nice mulch to put around your shrubs.

These people will take them.

Taking them to Bevmo today. They accept them.

Champagne corks i have been keeping. I rewrap the cage around the capsule and cork. Maybe have 100 of those.

Not sure how many are in that hefty bag…any guesses? 3000?

John, nice cartoon. maybe i can do a cork shrine of Todd Frenchie-poo. flirtysmile

If I’m not mistaken, they can be composted.

Not only can you compost natural corks, but they’re “brown” and most of the food waste I’ve been composting is “green,” so this will be a good addition to the mix. Thanks for the info.

G

Where do you recycle them? Supposed I could take mine to the city composting since I don’t compost anymore…

Bevmo. And Whole Foods. I called my local Bevmo to make sure their recycling was active and they told me to bring them. Easy process.

Some places turn them over to people who will make soles for shoes. Others will make bulletin boards, flooring, or other construction material.

Whole Foods takes them

They certainly can be put in the compost pile but I’ve been surprised by how long they can take to break down, especially considering how soft they are.

I’ll try WF; Bevmo is apparently Western states only.