Dinner wine for tonight: 1959 La Mission Haut Brion

La Mission Haut Brion 1959.jpg

Awesome, Victor. Post a note!

Well, anybody who wants a sip should show up at Union Square Cafe tonight.
I got it as a very wonderful (albeit overly extravagant) birthday gift. No reason to age any further, as I sort of learned from the passing of my father, two weeks ago.

Darn they cancelled my flight to NY.

My condolences Victor. I am glad to see you are taking the opportunity to celebrate. Live life while there is life to live

That is the way we should all look at our wines

My condolences to you and your family over the loss of your father, Victor. I hope the '59 LMHB is a spectacular bottle tonight.

Ed

My condolences Victor on the loss of your dad. Enjoy that nice bottle.

My condolences.

Enjoy the wine.

Very sorry to hear about your father Victor. I’m, unfortunately, a continent away, but I hope your evening (and that legendary bottle of wine) are spectacular!

What a great friend you have Victor. So sorry to hear about your dad. I think Neal pretty much nailed it. Please do post notes.

Condolences, V. May your bottle drink well and your memeories be vast and shared!

Victor, so sorry for your loss - here’s to a fantastic bottle of Bordeaux and many cheers made in his memory!

Victor, glad to see you enjoying a generous gift on your birthday. Savor every moment.

Condolences. Enjoy the many happy memories.

It sounds like you had some great bottles with your dad. Saddened for your loss and hope the 59 drinks well.

May you have lots of great thoughts of your father as you sip the wine.

Sorry to hear that Victor. Best wishes.

Sorry to learn. I hope you’re enjoying the wine.

Hope it conjures up a beautiful emotion for you. Cheers to your Dad…and to your bday! [cheers.gif]