Are you buying and 2017 wines or passing

Curious as to the thought process on the '17 vintage in Napa/Sonoma. Would you buy or hold until 2018 if possible

What region(s) are you asking about?

A few people have said that the Burgundy/Rhone varieties did very well in 2017 in Sonoma, so, yes. Cabs, not sure yet.

If you need to preserve your cash for another year for some reason then do so.

I already bought some 2017 Myriad. No hesitation whatsoever.

I’m probably skipping any 2017 Napa wine unless I need/want to stay high on a list . So much other good wine out there , and 17 bookended by 2 good years .

I bought plenty of 2017 index funds.
So, 2017 wines have become affordable, although perhaps too young for my old body.

Bought Rivers-Marie Pinots and Chards without any hesitation. Will be more selective with Napa Cabs. Have already also purchased a small order of both Myriad offered already. I think the top producers will not include any fruit not up to their standards. So there might be less of the wine I would purchase anyways, making it easier to order lighter…

Buying 2017 Napa Cabs from producers I enjoy with no hesitation (Vice Versa, Myriad, Carter, Dakota Shy). As Ken mentioned, I believe that the winemakers would not sell any wines not up to their standards.

Agreed!

Like this response. To answer OP, I’m passing on 2017. Nothing struck me as a must buy. Will save for 2018.

Will be slightly more selective in 17 than normal. Also won’t go as deep as the 18s are appearing amazing.

Also buying very selectively, eg VHR and Realm, but cutting back from previous years. However, this more reflects budget and rationality leading me to slow down buying everywhere rather than particular vintage issues.