TN: 1978 Château Margaux (France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Margaux)

• 1978 Château Margaux - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Margaux (5/18/2019)
    A beautiful, highly perfumed nose of violets, rose petals, tobacco, briary red fruits, cedar and truffle. The palate is elegant and nicely balanced. There’s a core of sweet fruit and plenty of cedar and earth. There’s a hint of leathery development and a salty black olive character. Tannins are fine-grained and it has outstanding persistence. Absolutely drinking at the top of its game.

Posted from CellarTracker

Better with food or just something to sit and contemplate on it’s own?

Had it with a lamb Tagine. Perfect match.

It’s funny, we get a kick out of the bingo card thread and all of the silly notes we see from so many critics. I know my notes are generally pretty lame, as well, but I try. This, sir, is a perfect note. Seriously, it communicates to me exactly what the wine tastes like, and how it’s drinking, in a very succinct but descriptive manner, with no BS superlatives. I could read that note and know it’s a mature Bordeaux, arguably Margaux, without knowing what you are drinking. It makes me want this wine. And makes me wish I could write a clear note like that.

I love love love this wine. Haven’t had it in a while though.

So funny Alfert…I read this note and without seeing your response I was like ‘this tasting note is absolute fire!’

You used to say that about my notes.

I did? [scratch.gif]

He did? [scratch.gif]

Jeebus! Leave some for les paysans!

Carne ‘gucci kicks’ Asada… That must of been during the honeymoon phase of the relationship

Oh! Puppy love.