TN: 2009 Domaine des Terres Dorées (Jean-Paul Brun) Morgon. How are other '09s drinking?

2009 Domaine des Terres Dorées (Jean-Paul Brun) Morgon - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Morgon (5/18/2019)
Starting to drink really well. Open from the get go and blossoming about 45 min into it. Pinotish red fruits with wonderful acidity and lift. Classic texture bordering on elegant (for CB). In a great place now and a good time to start checking other '09s.

I have Foillard, Lapierre, Thevenot, Roilette, Vissoux and Brun from a variety of crus. I’m curious about other’s recent impressions.

Never had one that old. Mine seem to disappear much earlier. I have always looked at Foillard and Roilette as the agers.

I just had a bottle of the 2009 Dom des Terres Dorees (Jean-Paul Brun) Moulin a Vent the other night.

I thought it was drinking very nicely, and it stayed that way over two nights. I found it to be in a good spot and a candidate to drink or hold.

Thanks for that data point Alan. I also have the Brun MaV (and Vissoux). My experience is MaV is usually the most structured of the crus and longest lived. But good to know the Brun is already showing well.

Recently had my last 09 Foillard Cote du Puy in magnum, it was superb. Would undoubtedly have held for years, but it was so complete - red, black, and blue fruit - I couldn’t keep my hands off.

The ‘09 Bruns were amazing early, then shut down hard. I have some Morgon and Fleurie left. Everything I’ve seen here and on CT tells me that they’re starting to drink well so I might have to check in.

Haven’t had any 09s recently, but I the Brun Moulin-a-Vent is often a wine for the long haul. The 00 is still on the early side of maturity.

Agreed. I drank almost all of my Brun Brouilly early on, it was so good.