Bouchard Volnay Caillerets

Does anyone know if Bouchard produces a wine from Volnay Caillerets that is not designated “Ancienne Cuvee Carnot”? Is it from younger vines?

I thought I had once seen such a thing but it’s not listed on Bouchard’s site and the CT listings look suspiciously like incorrect entries for Ancienne Cuvee Carnot (for example there is a Burghound link for the 2016 but no such link for 2016 Carnot).

The reason I ask is that I have 2 bottles of the 2015 Volnay Caillerets without the Ancienne Cuvee Carnot designation on the label. I also have 2 bottles on the 2015 Ancienne Cuvee Carnot with a different label style. Cellartracker lists both wines but the picture of the bottle without the designation in Celartracker had a picture of a bottle with the designation. Hence my confusion. Also, the Cellartracker value of the bottle without the designation was something like $230, which is way more than the bottle cost me ($60).

Are these US imports? And if so, which importers?

I’ll have to check the front and back labels again since they have been put away in the cellar but these were bought from a retailer in CA which I think sources grey market in Europe.

It seems 2016 and 2017 are labeled as Volnay “Les Caillerets,” whereas preceding vintages were labeled Volnay “Les Caillerets - Ancienne Cuvée Carnot.”

That doesn’t seem to be uniformly true, because there are pictures of 2016 with the Carnot designation.

I don’t have a 17, only 15 and 16, and they both ate labled Ancienne Cuvée Carnot, although they did change the label design on the 16 for the better.

My 2015 has “Ancienne Cuvee Carnot” on it FWIW. My experience with Bouchard 2015 and 2016 has been lots of inconsistencies, e.g. new vs. old label design, thinner wine bottles vs. wine bottles with more bottle heft. They seem to be all over the place.

The bottles in question.
20190523_162644.jpg