Has anyone tasted the 2015 Bruno Giacosa Falletto Vigna le Rocche?

With all the changes at the winery, I am less confident in buying Giacosa on default. Has anyone tasted the 2015 Le Rocche, a.k.a. Falletto la Vigna Rocche…?

Bruno didn’t die until 2018.

Suckling did
100 points on that

Relevance?

This is a fantastic wine. I’d say with 15 the Giacosa mojo is back.

Suckling on Barolo? I trust his taste like I trust a used car salesman.

I’ve heard that Dante’s return righted the ship, but hard to tell when and to what extend and to what extent they have recaptured the magic. Bruno has been in poor health for several years. Galloni’s review of the 15 Asili was that it wasn’t quite Bruno, but best since 2007. And, as we all know, Galloni made a serious stir by panning the 2008 Giacosas.

Haven’t tasted it and would love to hear what anyone trustworthy has to say.

Yeah but his involvement has been very limited since his stroke in 2006

2014 Rabaja is certainly worth the tariff
Great Rabaja. IMO much better than 2015 Asili

So my reference is the OP worrying about the ‘15. If 9 years since the stroke wasn’t enough to decide on whether Bruno was a fcator or not the 3 years since his death shouldn’t factor in either.

Have you tried this ? I’m interested in your opinion. What was your opinion of the giacosa 2000’s ? I’m the one human who didn’t swoon over these. On the other hand I love vintages like 96, 99,01. I thought the 04 Rocche was amazing.

I did, at Giacosa in February. I really liked it; the fruit is very plush and generous, but it’s not overly sweet and ripe. I am roo young to have tasted Bruno’s wines on release, so I can’t speak to that, but from what I’ve tasted of the older regime, I don’t think the wines will be the same. From the vintages you listed, you may not be as big a fan as I am. That said, the 15s were the best wines I’ve tasted from Giacosa since 2006 (an absurdly delicious 2011 red label notwithstanding).