Query: Best Value Wine Shops in London?

Will be on a Europe trip for the next two weeks and am looking for recommendations for good value wine shops in London. Hoping to pick up some Barolo / Barbaresco and Northern Rhone for prices more reasonable than what I get in Asia. Any recommendations?

I’ll also be heading to Budapest, Berlin and Vienna, but my last stop is London so I hope to pick up most of the bottles there. Thanks!

I’ve had very good luck with Joe Gilmour at Blast Vintners. I e-mail him a couple of weeks before my trip, and he has the wine delivered to my hotel (small delivery fee). His list is at Fine Wine List - Blast Vintners.

t: + 44 (0) 20 8693 1691
m: + 44 (0) 7967 025 180
e: joe@blastvintners.com

Won’t be much help toward your quest for Barolo/Barbarescos but he’s got some interesting Rhones.

The Sampler on Upper Street is well worth a visit, not so much for the value as the quality, variety, and rarity. They buy up a lot and get some really great stuff. 80 bottles in enomatics to taste (for a price), too. Plus it’s just down the road from Ottolenghi for when you’re hungry afterwards…