The future of Vietti

Nice article on the future of Vietti, including thoughts following the sale of the winery.

https://www.wine-searcher.com/m/2019/06/decisive-times-for-viettis-luca-currado

If the Krause family decide to sell then things might not go his way. Unless he has a legal agreement not to (is that even possible?)

Thanks for sharing Scott. I was wondering what has changed at Vietti since the sale and for the most part it sounds favorable thus far. Hopefully that will continue.

I’ve now read the whole. Wow. He’s very frank. I hope for his sake the owners don’t sell during his lifetime.

Interesting about Monvigliero and thinner skins…

Luca is such a sweetheart.

I highly recommend his episode on Levi Dalton’s I’ll Drink to That podcast if anyone here has yet to listen.

Very interesting (and direct) article from a great guy. To have taken that challenge of a forced change of control and turn it into an opportunity to enhance the estate by adding to his portfolio of vineyards and wines is a tremendous achievement. Let’s hope the partnership continues to be healthy and the new projects successful!

Some interesting stuff, but it wasn’t exactly a probing interview, so it’s hard to know if there’s more to the story.

Two things intrigued me:

• The decision to use whole clusters for Monvigliero, as Burlotto does.

• The fact that Vietti bought one-half hectare of Rabajà from Cortese. I believe all of Cortese’s production is from that vineyard, so it’s odd they would sell.

downsizing?

A lot of good news in there. I especially liked all the credit he gives to Elena. Having spent time with her, I know she is just as invested as he is.

While I like the wine making direction, and really enjoy the wines, the price increases have left me sadly behind. I will still buy the Castiglione, and look for Perbacco in restaurants, but otherwise I’m priced out. I assumed the price increases were part of the new ownership.