Eisele Vineyard allocation letter

Has anyone read the letter from Eisele Vineyard regarding the 2016 vintage? Never have I ever read such
overstated eloquent horse manure. Someone give them a clue for crissakes. They are only growing grapes. Oh, that’s right, they’re charging over $400 per bottle!

Can you post it?? Take a pic and show it ?

“Overstated eloquent horse manure” This is going to be entertaining, Please do post the letter.

please post, i love reading this type of BS marketing.

$100 SB better have some juicy persuasion behind it…

865B98F4-A379-4F87-9897-102F3F7EB00C.jpeg
This is the letter!

Purple prose, yes. But I’ve seen worse …

Looks pretty standard. Since I’ve been there, seen and tasted what they’ve done under Chateau Latour ownership, I have some idea what they’re talking about. For one, they’re referring to the fact that they’ve cut back what goes into the top wine. They ceased using purchased grapes for the Altagracia, so production is down and quality up just from that. The Eisele Cab is from the block producing the most structured, longest lived wines. No new oak in those. The era of blueberry milkshakes is gone. They’re looking back at what made the great Napa Cabs through the '70s, and what they know making First Growth Bordeaux. This is the real deal, not some gimmicky cult garbage.

1 Like

Seems fairly normal.

Whats price point ? Wait list ?

Since it is a real name board and presumably they sent the letter to you, why black out the name?

Wes,

What did they do with all the barrels my friends at Taransaud sold them??

Splinter wood for marshmellows roast, 4th of July.

You can find the answer re-reading my post.

More interesting to me is that they will be offering Clos de Tart 2017 direct

Bought some at costco for $325/bottle. I’ll just be patient. As for the letter, I agree, I’ve seen worse. Jason’s missives from Hundred Acre are always a hoot. Also laughable is anyone that “truly humbled and honored to offer their wine”. [snort.gif]

Well I’d be “truly honoured” if someone were willing to pay $325 a bottle for my wine. Alas, I got no wine to sell.

1 Like

Wes,
My eyes are bad…you ll have to tell me

This will be a way to increase the sell price from the local French price

Wes,
My eyes are bad…you ll have to tell me. What is really hard is reading their letter on my computer so I may be missing something.

If they are going to sell Clos de Tart through their mailing list, why not Domaine d Eugenie and Ch Grillet??

Flowery for sure, but for the wine trade it’s not that far out of the norm.