2013 Clos Rougeard Les Poyeux

The 2013 Clos Rougeards have been released for a while. I’ve seen the wines in both secondary markets and restaurants in France but strangely the 2013 Les Poyeux is nowhere to be seen. Was it released at all?

I have not see it either, but I’m not sure I would pay the super-premium in this vintage, unless necessary to stay on an allocation list.

Given the general issues with the vintage in they Loire perhaps they declassified? Just a guess.

That’s possible, though I’ve seen Le Bourg, which at 1 ha is much smaller than the 3 ha of Les Poyeux.

They made all the wines in 2013. I’ll be getting an allocation but it will be puny and expensive.

Got my allocation a few months back. Local (direct) importer said explicitly (in the offer pdf) that Poyeux hadn’t been produced in 2013 due to heavy frost. Got some Bourg, Clos and Breze.

The importer could be wrong but that would surprise me.

That’s my info too, according to la RVF.

Ah yes, reported by RVF here:
https://www.larvf.com/,clos-rougeard,10780,400511.asp

Maybe I’m wrong. I saw the boxes in the local distributor warehouse. Maybe I didn’t look closely enough.

Bourg '13 showed well tonight, minty wild berries, tender and expressive; not a massive, powerful vintage but purer and more precise than '11 for example.

Bourg already showing well? Usually needs more time for me. The 2000 drank recently was still a young thing. 2013 Clos was drinking beautifully without much Cab Franc greenness, maybe some addition of Poyeux in it.

The 2007 and 2008 Le Clos that I had recently did not have much Cab Franc green notes, with the latter starting to drink well lately. In comparison, I found the 2007 Les Poyeux showing more herb, green stuff in it.

Agree that Le Bourg usually comes around very slowly. The last that I drank was the 2004 ordered in a restaurant back in October 2017. Took all of 3-hour dinner, often-swirled in the decanter, to slowly show up, with the last pour being the best.

Interestingly my experience is usually the other way round!

I agree as a general rule, but the 2013 Bourg certainly didn’t taste like it had seen 100% new wood… integrated and supple already. While I wouldn’t drink my own bottles yet, it was very pleasant to drink a friend’s, and I wouldn’t hesitate to drink it in a restaurant if I saw it on the list either.

How much do these wines cost at retail? Just wondering cause I have only seen and purchased them at restaurants.