TN: 2013 Azienda Agricola Valentini Trebbiano d'Abruzzo

• 2013 Azienda Agricola Valentini Trebbiano d’Abruzzo - Italy, Abruzzi, Trebbiano d’Abruzzo (6/21/2019)
    My first Valentini…instant fan! It’s fascinating…exotic and bursting with energy and brightness. Little tingle spritz and sulfur reduction at first…but quickly integrates beautifully showcasing the pure orchard and tropical fruits…and interesting mix of creamy ripe and underripe sourness…intense citrus acidity…smoky and saline crushed minerals…exotic florals of lime blossoms, mint peach tea, grilled pineapple…has a nuanced woolliness ala Chenin, as well as a mix of herb garden and pickling spice. Very seamless and subtle, yet snowballs to a powerhouse of complexity, while maintaining laser sharp precision. VERY impressed with this wine! Would love to see where it goes with some age to it! (97 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

quantum leap in your palate with that one. The older ones are insane. crystalline wines.

These wines are everything you describe and more. Awesome in every way, aroma, flavor, structure and texture.

This post below was from the recent tasting of Valentini, Pepe and Torre Dei Beati wines. What a great tasting.

https://wineimport.discoursehosting.net/t/embarrassment-of-riches-wines-of-emidio-pepe-valentini-and-torre-dei-beati/151316/1

Tom

2001 I had a few months back was youthful as ever, with the added benefit of the spritz and sulfur being gone.

Would have loved to try all those wines side by side! I’m just starting out my trek through Abruzzo…just hard to get my hands on these wines.

[cheers.gif]

Great TN and a singular great winery. I picked up a few of the Trebbiano 2013’s recently as well but have not popped a cork on one. They are very ageworthy as well, I had a 1998 around Christmastime that was complex and singing. Now you have been bit by the Valentini vampire!

I’ve never had one of these, so I checked on Wine Searcher. Sheesh! $150?!?

i think the issue regarding pricing has been several importer switches? i am not even sure who the official importer in the states is at this point. it used to be rosenthal, and at that time the price of the trebbiano was around $100. still a shame considering they retail around 50 euro in italy.

For sure these are cult status, not only for the quality which is incredible but also for the “mystique” of Valentini. Not a heck of a lot is known about the operation, how the wines are made etc. Adds to the cost of the wines :slight_smile:

Tom

I have some of the 2014 I really want to try, holding them is going to be hard.