That VInous Dinner

Did anyone read up on that latest Vinous Charity Dinner AG had in New York? Sounded like something that would only happen after the good lord let you pass thru the gates.

21 bottles of DRC Montrachet spanning back to 1978 for just 12-13 guests!!! And the food and location were otherworldly as well.

And no convo about it. I wonder if those are making him any money? Were the wines comped?

I believe this was a charity lot from Festa. Wines donated.

“This fabulous charity dinner, held to benefit children’s oncology at The Mount Sinai Hospital, featured a breathtaking range of Domaine de la Romanée-Conti’s Montrachet spanning 22 vintages back to 1978. It was a truly magical night of wine, food and conversation, all for a great cause.

I would be remiss in not acknowledging a number of people who made this evening possible. First and foremost, I am deeply grateful to our winning bidders for their extraordinary generosity in supporting La Festa del Barolo’s Charity Auction. My closest friends shared bottles from their cellars as I watched the collection of assembled vintages for this tasting grow, almost by the day. The Major Food Group, with Owners Mario Carbone, Rich Torrisi, and Jeff Zalaznick, donated a magnificent dinner at their iconic Grill, which remains one of the most evocative and arresting dining rooms in New York City. Lastly, Wine Directors John Slover and Brad Nugent took expert care of our bottles and made sure they were served in optimal condition. Everything was just perfect for a small group of twelve.”

Kind of tells you all you need to know.

And the Aperitif was the best wine… :metal::joy:

Here are my (incomplete) notes from the evening. There were other champagnes, I missed a Montrachet or two, and we ended informally with some nice red burgs. But these are the notes I had in CellarTracker. A huge team effort goes into truly special tastings like this. Thanks to Antonio, his team, the contributors, and the winning bidders, a fantastic night was had by all.

DRC MONTRACHET. FEBRUARY 2019. __

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for sharing Brad. Cool to see a Berserker was there in the mix.

Sounds like an incredible night. Thanks, Brad.