TN: 1980 Inglenook Petite Sirah

This was excellent and currently in a perfect drinking window with some very light cherry fruit playing seamlessly with secondary notes of leather, damp earth, and smoke. The tannins are (believe it or not) almost fully resolved which makes for a lovely soft and plush mouthfeel…with just the slightest bite on the finish to keep things interesting and hint at a handful more years of enjoyment. A great example of what I love in aged petite sirah…and a birthyear wine to boot :slight_smile: Life is good!!

[media] Rich Brown on Instagram: "1980 Inglenook Petite Sirah. This was excellent and currently in a perfect drinking window with some very light cherry fruit playing seamlessly with secondary notes of leather, damp earth, and smoke. The tannins are (believe it or not) almost fully resolved which makes for a lovely soft and plush mouthfeel....with just the slightest bite on the finish to keep things interesting and hint at a handful more years of enjoyment. A great example of what I love in aged petite sirah....and a birthyear wine to boot :) Life is good!!" [/media]

Great note Rich - thanks!

Thanks Mike! Pretty sure you’d dig this wine :slight_smile:

They could embalm with PS…lasts forever!

I might actually request that :wink: