TN: 2008 Domaine Bertheau (Pierre et François) Chambolle-Musigny

• 2008 Domaine Bertheau (Pierre et François) Chambolle-Musigny - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Chambolle-Musigny (6/22/2019)
    Been awhile since I’ve checked in on this one…showing a little muddled cranberry in color…still brightness on the nose…dried roses, crancherry, tilled strawberry field, menthol, leather. Chambolle silk and pretties…the fruit is still quite snappy…little tart and sour…that orange spice acidity is still prevalent. A perky little wine…tasty, but not terribly complex at this stage. I always go to the 93 village that I’ve had a few times which is flat out amazing! This has the brightness and slumbering complexities that might just get it there? We’ll see…in 15yrs! +pts (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

One of the most stunning & memorable wines in my life was a basic C-M from this producer, vintage 1985, with pineapple rice and a glazed slab of salmon. I still remember that all these years later.

I normally never drink pinot (other than with that fish) either.

I love the 2008, but I’m not sure it has the stuffing to be an ager like 1993. They taste great and I’m happy drinking them now. 92 points for a village is pretty good, no?

I’m drinking a bottle at the moment. It’s quite pretty and tasty, although definitely tart. As far as aging, it hasn’t really developed much secondary character and I also suspect it probably doesn’t have the stuffing to go for the long haul. So, think I will drink most of them at this stage.

-Al

The 2007 Premier Cru I drank last weekend was very nice and showing no signs of decay. Lovely color and not at all tart, could age several more years. Which is nice cause I have a couple more.

I loved the 2007 Bertheau Chambolle Musigny 1er, though haven’t had it for a few years. Helped deplete the stock at a local wine shop. The 2008 tartness is a 2008 thing.

-Al

I do have some of the 2008, both 1er Cru and village. I’ll have to crack one soon.

Tart was the adjective I was expecting…