Next week Europe is going to get hammered by heat

Swiss, Italiam and French weather agencies forecasting a brutall heatwave next week.

Wife is heading ro Milan where there will be 100 plus temps by the emd of the week. 20+ years in CH and this is one of the earliest heatwaves seen. Fingers crossed.

It`s time for Rosé… [winner.gif]

Crap, that’s over 200 Fahrenheit!

Milan is always hot, Craig.

It started yesterday, with the peak due from Wednesday to Saturday, but it’s no more than you must get on a daily basis, Robert - except that we don’t have that A/C thing, apart from my cellar, where I’m going to take up residence forthwith.

Was hoping Rome wouldn’t feel like ATL when we land tomorrow, but it’s going to be a hot week…

Robert is talking about the women, here. champagne.gif

Rome is usually very hot and humid. I’m talking about the weather.

This year, we are going to Europe in October rather than in the summer. It always seems to be “unusually” hot when we go in the summer and Europe seems not to understand air conditioning.

Or maybe it’s just a different philosophy. The goal isn’t bringing it down to 72 and dry when it’s 95 out.

My parents just put a small unit in their bedroom but none of the neighbours have air conditioning.

It’s pretty bad environmentally. I know how much we have to pay here to keep our house at 77 degrees and many keep theirs in the 60s.

These Romans are crazy.

With all this heat wave going on, is Rollando moving his operations down South to get even bigger, richer, higher-ABV wines?

I thinks it’s also people’s acceptance of being sweaty. In the US, it’s not acceptable to be sweaty in public. When I have been in Europe, it doesn’t seem like people are so judgmental about it.

I dunno, just an observation. Might just be my perception.

I’m melting in Milan this week. My friend’s office is at least 80 but at least my hotel has AC. I cannot imagine what it will be like when it hits 100 on Thursday. I am not on vacation and thus have to sort of dress seriously (suit and tie) at least part of the time, but perhaps numerous glasses of prosecco and vino rosato will help offset some of the discomfort.

We were in Copenhagen a couple of weeks ago, and it was in the mid 80s

Milan is routinely above 30 degrees every year from around June 1 to around Sep 15 (last year well into October). You may want to notice there is no wind whatsoever and humidity is pretty high (Milan sits in the middle of a vast plain).

Another point worth notice is the minimum temperature which is generally above 20 degrees. This makes the case for nice summer evenings out in t-shirt only (and insect repellent).

(FYI is 27 in our office after 19 years in the UK, I still need to adjust. I don’t wear a jacket in the aforementioned period nor a tie like most Italians)

Was checking the weather for a trip to Paris this week and I almost thought I thought the weather channel site was lagged and showing me the forecast here in Austin.

Yikes. It’s the first day of a lengthy road trip in France for me and I am not looking forward to the 40C+ temperatures in the south. Right now 20C in Deauville so no heatwave in sight here.

My colleagues at our Warsaw HQ have been dealing with 30C for a bit … and from my experience there last July, the AC is not quite like AC here … they are not looking as crisp as usual this week.