Sunday discussion time only $17.73 to spend today.

I can find a ton of wines with $1000 to spend but now that I’ve spent my last grand and went wine less on Saturday because of it, all I could round up was $17.73 in loose change. Now I need a wine on Sunday but it Can’t be a penny more because I already went to the car, the couch and every other conceivable spot for cash but this is it. Originally only found $15.73 but I knew that for only 2 dollars more I can always get a better wine, so I bummed 2 more off the neighbor.

Also, this wine store I go to has one of every wine under $17.73 stocked in the world, please don’t mention the same wine over and over though because last time that happened this shop raised the price of my Gonon from $40 to $100.

They will match winesearcher though with straight up out the door pricing.

I’ll make it easy/hard for some of you and just say Lascombes just sold out.

So I need a wine on a $17.73 day? Thankfully I get paid on Monday.

champagne.gif [cheers.gif]

I should mention I found $4 under my sun visor, and an extra $2 and change when I accidentally broke my son’s piggy bank. I don’t think you are trying hard enough. $19.73 is an incremental $2, and the gain from such an increase would be monumental.

The Columbia Crest red (H3?) they sell at Costco.

*as I type this now I’m afraid it’s closer to $19.00 so hit the couch cushions and see what you find.

What’s a dollar again? I would probably go for a Cab Franc from Yannick Amirault from Bourgueil, can find them starting at about 12€.

At last, a man who speaks for the common folk! I often find myself in a similar situation, +/- some loose change on the top of the dresser. If I were to pick a wine that I could bring home today for that money, it would probably be the 2017 Fevre Chablis Champs Royaux. “Not bad”, by which I mean pretty good!

Bottle of Substance Cab and a dog or slice at Costco will leave you an extra buck for 1/3 of a gallon of gas to get home with.

Tenuta Dells Terre Nere Etna Rosso - one of our go to pizza wines and I think it’s around $17.

Robert, buy a freakin 1/2 bottle. neener

Total Wine
Lanessan sub-18 bucks with coupon!

There has to be something in the Costco aisles. The 2015 Senejac was sixteen and a half bucks at my local a few months back.

Perhaps a Louis Martini Sonoma Cab? A Felsina Chianti Classico might be a dollar too much so you’d need a coupon, but Monsanto CCR at Costco will do, or pretty much any white wine from Friuli!

Should be able to find a nice Sauv Blanc for the summer for less, maybe enough left over for a large beer bomber like 312

Charvin Cote de Rhone if you search a little.

Pepiere Muscadet, even the Briords with a little searching.

Guionm Bourgeuil, Cuvee Domaine

More cru bourgeois bordeaux than you can shake a stick at, if that’s your idea of a good time.

Marietta Old Vines Red is still around $10-12, amazingly.

One c ould go on.

17.73 = cocaine and a hooker.

2015 Fattoria Selvapiana Chianti Rufina

I could be pretty happy with a Willamette Valley Vineyards Pinot from Costco, a Vajra Langhe, or a Pieropan Soave Classico. Might even be able to get the last two together and still stay under the limit at the right store or with a coupon.

2017 Chateau Thivin Brouilly Reverdon - $19

Where can you still get a hooker for those prices???

It really pisses me off - since we started going on about it on this bloody board, there is literally nowhere left where you can get some limp pleasure for 15 bones any more (let alone coke for $2.23 a line). Please keep your habits to yourselves guys, or I’m afraid the prices will just sky-rocket again…

[soap.gif]

I can find a palette full of nice Styrian Sauvignon blanc for less per bottle -
and also a ton of red Cotes du Rhone or Languedoc …