NAPAleon complex

Berserker (and CTer), Mason H, had been dry-aging some prime ribeyes and wanted to do a meal with some Napa culties. Three couples attended; we each brought one Napa Cab/Cab Blend, plus an additional bottle. The meal was fantastic and each wine showed really well. I did not take formal notes so the tasting notes are impressions/recollections.

2013 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Meursault 1er Cru Les Poruzots
France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault 1er Cru
Tasting much more like PYCM than like Meursault, nevertheless this bottle is fantastic, with initial reduction fading into a bit of white flower with tons of zingy lemon acid. Puts on weight as we taste it over the course of the night.

2005 Domaine Chandon de Briailles Corton Blanc
France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Corton Grand Cru
Beautifully aged, austere Chardonnay with notes of quince, powdery honeysuckle and a great zingy acidity on the finish. Slightly golden-clear color with no hints of oxidation.

2002 Bond St. Eden
USA, California, Napa Valley
Hints of green pepper and green wild plants show up on initial sniff, then it is just a flood of deep black fruits with incredible balance.

2006 Ovid Red Wine
USA, California, Napa Valley
A bit muted on the nose initially, but flavor explodes on the palate. Red and black fruits mingle, balanced by Indian spices, green briar herb notes, and a super long finish. WOTN.

2012 Schrader Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon RBS Beckstoffer To-Kalon Vineyard
USA, California, Napa Valley, Oakville
While the nose in unmistakably Schrader, the velvety smooth power has receded a bit. While still a beautiful wine, the upfront fruit is not dominant. The balance is nice, with no residual heat. I wonder if I need to start drinking mine.

1996 Domaine des Baumard Quarts de Chaume
France, Loire Valley, Anjou-Saumur, Quarts de Chaume
Possibly the greatest bottle of this wine that I have ever tasted, with complementing dense layers of honey, baked quince, and candied ginger held together in a package of perfectly balanced acid.

Florida Fish Dip and some cheese

Scallops/local sweet corn puree/salmon roe/local micro

Local bounty!

50-day

King crab and black truffle mac & cheese

Mixed berry crumble

That meal makes me long for a nap!

Thanks for note on Schrader, I tend to wonder the same.

2007 Ovid Red Wine

2006?

Looks delicious!

Nice work Scott, looks awesome!

Scott,
Good on you ! [cheers.gif]

Those tomatoes…

Thanks for the catch!
We drank 06; I still have 07 in the cellar.

Both the food and wines look terrific. Sounds like a great time.

Bring on that king crab mac 'n cheese. Nice!

I like the title - very reminiscent of a NYC rag.

Great tasting. I would love to have been there for the white Burgs.

They huge scallops or small plates ?