Shipping wines from NC to NY

Hello,

I need to ship wines from NC to NY. Which shipping company allows this and would you recommend? I never shipped wine before.

1 Like

I’d send a PM to Matt Hartley…

Have you looked at a thermometer lately?

Your [ethical] choices right now would be something like

1. FedEx/UPS Next Day Air by 10AM, or

2. Renting several cubic feet [or cubic yards?] in a refrigerated truck which [for some crazy weird reason] was making a trip from NC to NY in the middle of summer, or

3. Jumping on a night flight to JFK/LaGuardia, or

4. Waiting until sunset and then hopping in your car and driving through to dawn with the AC blasting away the entire time.

BTW, you might also want to glance at this [since we’re posting on a “Real Names” bulletin board]:

Filing Requirements for Individuals Who Import Alcoholic Beverages for Personal Use
https://www.tax.ny.gov/pubs_and_bulls/tg_bulletins/abt/filing_requirements_for_individuals.htm

How many bottles?

90’s highs and mid-high 70’s lows, plus high humidity in the whole corridor; pretty much the worst possible conditions to ship wine in this week.

Leland little the auction house uses a third party shipper. It is not a profit center for them, just a pass through, but I got quoted $400 plus for an overnight before 10:30 delivery for a case, far and away the highest I have ever been quoted, and six times as much as it cost to move a case from Europe. I despair at the stupidities of this. Sorry not too helpful.

Wow! Ridiculous price.

refrigerate the bottles for a while,get an frozen ice pack in the styro for every bottle, pull last minute monday morning and get this to a fedex early and ship ground.
NC to NY ground if shipped early is 2 days. if you are more risk averse, overnight.

roundtrip on southwest could be had for less than $140 and the wine flies free.