2015 Pernot Puligny Folatieres

Actually it’s the Clos de la Folatieres vineyard as the name has recently been changed. Tasted over two nights, this has a lovely nose of tropical fruits and good depth. While the acidity may be a bit less than the '14 vintage, this showed well even just recorked in the fridge overnight. No loss of intensity and no oxidation on night two with the flavors coming out a bit more. Should be good for a few more years given the recent history of premox I’ve had with Pernot. I’ve seen some bottles that have been less than stellar but for the most part I’ve been pleased with the Pernot lineup.

I’ve had some mixed results but 1996 BBM was gorgeous a few weeks ago. I still have a bottle of the 96 Folatieres and have my fingers crossed. But otherwise I basically stopped cellaring these in the premox age.

nice to read. Pernot pricing has sure accelerated recently. But everything has, n’est-ce pas?

Jerry. I love the Paul Pernot wines. Great note here. His BBM and Batard are so good too.

Don - Pernot’s Batard and BBM have been some of my annual purchases for at least 20 years. Great wines and good pricing compared to others.

Great note. When Pernot’s wines are on, there are few others I’d rather have. Even the basic Bourgogne can be so good.

Is the entire vineyard or a portion of designated Clos or just Pernot’s parcel?