How do I remove this cork ?

I remember struggling with something similar years ago with a Juve y Camps Cava. I remember the frustration, but do not recall the solution. Anybody know the trick? Thanks.
sorbara cork.jpg

I would just take a straight slot screw driver to one of the gaps on the side of the hook and carefully pry away from the bottle while holding a hand over the cork.

Thanks . . . I just did something similar with needle nose pliars. Seems odd but it is open and being enjoyed.

Vice-grips.

Mostly cause that’s like the only tool I own.

Well, that and duct tape.

I’ll use duct tape to close up the bottle and keep what is left in the fridge!

Flat head screwdriver. Do one side at a time and carefully hold the cork.

How big of a sabre would you need for that?

Take a sharp knife. Cut the cork downward as close as you can to the retainer. Cut until you reach the bottle. Now cut at a right angle across the Top of the bottle until you meet the original cut. Push the retainer toward the cut end. Drink wine.

Take a sharp knife. Cut the cork downward as close as you can to the retainer. Cut until you reach the bottle. Now cut at a right angle across the Top of the bottle until you meet the original cut. Push the retainer toward the cut end. Drink wine.

I’d grip the cork with my palm downward, thumb under one side of the cork, the rest of my hand on the other side of the neck. Crank hard lifting thumb up and fingers down. Pop!

Duct tape is no good for this purpose. WD40 is what you need.

this bottle seems like a pretty good candidate for sabering.

If you use a typical corkscrew that you aren’t really attached to, you can use the foil cutter in place of the screwdriver recommended. There’s a small risk of poking/cutting yourself in the process, but these clips aren’t that hard to remove with a bit of practice. Henri Giraud Champagne uses these.

Cheers,
fred