What Champagne did you open today?

There’s not already a thread for bubbleheads or those suffering a Champangover? If not, let the games begin.

NV Krug Champagne Brut Grande Cuvée Edition 160eme
I was looking for something to pair with Osetra caviar, and found the perfect match. Complex and dense, yet it seemed lean, perhaps due to the '04 acidity. It is quite autolytic and leesy, yet fresh; complex and balanced. There are a lot of good years ahead of this one.

NV Laurent-Perrier Champagne Grand Siècle
It’s tough to follow the 160eme Krug, but this carried the burden. There was a savory mushroom note upon opening, and I initially feared it might be slightly corked, but the mustiness blew off rather than amplified with time in the glass. Still very savory, a dense and long finish, very mildly oxidative-nutty, with a fine persistent bead. This bottle was a blend of three vintages from the mid '90s, based on the label
and the foil.
74431415-87B7-4598-9BE3-5E488BACBDFF.jpeg
Special thanks to C. Fu for sourcing the excellent Osetra caviar that was the pretext for the weekday splurge.

Great notes Warren, though there is a thread on Champagne already…

Thought there should be. I’m patiently awaiting the merge…

NV Jean Vesselle Champagne Brut Œil de Perdrix - France, Champagne (7/16/2019)
Clear orange, pink with intense mousse. Intense, berry, yeast. wet stone and cherry nose. Dry berry and toasted bread flavours and a long dry finish.

Should improve. (92 pts.)