TN: 1966 Paul Jaboulet Aîné Hermitage (France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Hermitage)

• 1966 Paul Jaboulet Aîné Hermitage - France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Hermitage (7/16/2019)
    This was a wonderful wine, calm, even and ethereal. It smells of freshly polished R.M Williams boots, compost, Indian spice and sage. There’s vinous sweetness countered by so much earthy nuance and some Syrah green bean. It is supremely elegant, almost light in the mouth, yet is a wine of authority and substance. Flavours linger.

Posted from CellarTracker

Sounds fabulous. Nice Jeremy!

A lovely wine Jeremy, thanks for posting. I shared a bottle a few months ago in London. It started off as you describe, but began to fade after about 30 minutes.

Hmmmm…a wine descriptor you don’t see very much. Exactly what EricAsimov was railing against.
Now if you’d said it smells like walking into the BusterBrown shoe store over on MinnesotaAve
in KansasCity…that I could relate to!!
Just jerking your chain, Jeremy!! neener
Tom

We had this wine last year and for 45 minutes it was spectacular as Jeremy described, but then like a shooting star petered out.

Happy for you to stick the boot in Tom. My prose is a deep shade of ‘mega purple’ at the best of times.

Generalizing, what were the better 60’s vintages in the No. Rho ?