TN: 2017 Ayoub Anonimo vnyd Pinot Noir

Ayoub is a small producer in Dundee, so small that when you taste his wines you are in his kitchen. You can see his vineyards from his back deck. I tasted there last Spring and was so impressed with his wines that I bought a mixed case on the spot and signed up for his wine club.

Lately I have been worrying that maybe I should check one of the bottles I bought to see if they were as good as I had thought. Future Wine club shipment and all, better to be sure, so I cracked the bottle. If anything, it was better than I remembered. Great acid, light on its feet like a burgundy, this was a bottle that had that special extra something. Just fabulous, even as a much too young wine.

If you are in Dundee you should taste his wines. You gotta make a reservation through his website www.ayoubwines.com

I tried to walk in their place when I was in Oregon two weeks ago but no one was home. It was a house on a hill next to a vineyard but no one was there. Use to know their winemaker back when he made wine at Stags Leap Winery, but that was 13 years ago.

Think you need to make a reservation.

Roy, Mo Ayoub makes the wine. Robert Brittan only consults with Mo, which means he comes by once every couple of weeks during harvest to give Mo his opinion on the vintage and various ferments. Robert has never been the actual winemaker.

Bill- have you tried the 17 estate yet ? A recent 10 and 12 were excellent. These age very well. The 17 vintage seems to be perfect to highlight is vineyard and style.

Robert Brittan has a shared winery space in McMinnville. You can usually find him there. If you walk in the house at the vineyard, if someone is home, it will be Mo Ayoub. Very good wines.

[/quote]

I tasted the 2017 Estate when I visited, and it did indeed show very well. I am waiting on the purchased bottles for a little more age. I’m 73, so I can’t wait as long as the bottles warrant, however.

Thanks Bill. Let us know what you think when you try.

I tasted the 2017 Estate when I visited, and it did indeed show very well. I am waiting on the purchased bottles for a little more age. I’m 73, so I can’t wait as long as the bottles warrant, however.
[/quote]

I have about 3 cases of Mo’s wines. We get regular shipments. Still drinking 15’s so haven’t tried any 17’s as of yet. Mo is almost always home.

I’ll be trying a 12 soon and will post back.