Alto Piemonte Books??

Any good books on Alto Piemonte wines?? Couldn’t find any on Amazon.
Tom

There might be some podcasts that address the topic.

Thanks, Levi…hadn’t thought to check any podcasts. I’ll do that.
Tom

There’s a Masnaghetti Map of Gattinara which should be helpful. You can buy it from Rare Wine Co:

There’s also one of Valtellina which they don’t seem to have right now. I think you can order it directly from Enogea:

Your episode with Ian d’Agata is amazing!

IDTT 381 Cristiano Garella is a rock star

+1
Probably the best podcast episode, of any podcast

Only 4 more weeks until ian’s new book comes out

https://www.iandagata.com/italys-native-wine-grape-terroirs/

The folks I know who’ve read advance copies say it is highly technical; makes the last one seem like a bit of a beach read

Seems a good bet that alto piemonte will be addressed in some fashion (vespolina!) but I’m guessing it’s not the potboiler that tom’s looking for

I didn’t know of any and did a search on amazon.it which gave the following one:

I don’t know anything about the author nor about the publishing company, but if you are interested in getting it, let me know.

The link didn’t work. Here is the name of the book (in Italian):
Nord Piemonte. L’altro nebbiolo Copertina flessibile – 25 gen 2011
di Edizioni del Capricorno (Autore)
Copertina flessibile: 96 pagine
Editore: Edizioni del Capricorno (25 gennaio 2011)
Collana: Edizioni del Capricorno
Lingua: Italiano
ISBN-10: 8877071184
ISBN-13: 978-8877071187

Ken, I am sure you know that Valtellina is in Lombardia, not Piemonte, but like alto Piemonte they also make cool climate Nebbiolo.

Incidentally, things seem to be moving fast in alto Piemonte, which is very good. I recently learned about a new producer in Carema, which I have been told is excellent and which I will soon try, here the link to their webpage:
https://www.sorpassocarema.it/eng/

Don’t worry. Tom will find an isolated passage, quote it out of context, and stir the pot as per normal. :wink:

Right on cue, Alfonso Cevola steps up with a commentary and excerpt from the new D’Agata work.

Alfonso’s blog is great. I loved Ian’s first book, and will definitely be getting this one. Thanks for the head’s up!