They really do exist...SQN

Received a phone call from an (805) area code which I figured was Spammy. Glad I answered! Mrs. Elaine Krankl asked if I would like to receive an offering in a few weeks for their upcoming release. To quote Marv Albert, I said YES!!! Refreshing to see after almost a decade they still had my name in the queue and for a winery of their clout to actually make a phone call to sell some wine a la pre-internets. [cheers.gif]

that’s pretty cool.

Anyone know when the last eleven confessions’ release gets delivered? Ordered back in feb.

Septemberish last year

This is probably a dumb question for a number of reasons, but is there a particular SQN red that those who have had many would recommend as a first one to try?

I know the names change each year so it’s hard for the uninitiated to figure out where to start. Obviously it needs to be one that is at least somewhat available.

[thankyou.gif]

try to find a regular syrah or grenache (not the eleven confessions) with perhaps 2-3 years on it.

From your post it appears I will be waiting about 2-3 more years hopefully

I had a Male recently, and it was very good.

Find an Atlantis Syrah.

This is typical in my experience with SQN. Elaine called me when I made the SQN list a few years back and again earlier this year to let me know that I had a Next of Kyn offer in my inbox. I expect that the number of calls that she has to make each offering cycle is relatively small and that they do this to make sure that anyone being added gets a shot at the wine before they mark them as disinterested. I agree that it is a great customer service move on their part.

Cheers,
fred

Great customer service on their part. Hopefully I’ll get that call soon…

i believe i recall this recc from another similar thread and again i completely agree
non-eba, but 100 points, and never brought big $ on the secondary market

I think Elaine and Team call more than you assume, I have gotten multiple calls to remind me of a due date and to check my spam or ask if I wish to continue for 1 allocation cycle, and I have bought for over 15 years now.

They are truly good people who focus on customer.

If you are ever in Seattle bring a 1 bottle shipper, let me know when and I’ll open a couple reds and send you off with a bottle. They are such good people that got me on list thru a pseudo offline lottery that it’s always fun to pay it back and forward.

People are shocked that I open them and in the volume I do, but sharing is the core of wine, never crossed my mind to open less.

FWIW my first SQN experience featured 8 of them at a ‘masterclass’ tasting and my best experiences were with the ones with a little age on them (7-11 years old at the time). #1 fave to my then much less experienced taste was the 2008 The Line Grenache, which is still widely available at $300. #2 was the 2005 Atlantis Syrah, rather pricier at $500ish. Interestingly neither of my top 2 were EBAs though we had 4 at the tasting; the two 2004 Ode to E EBAs (Syrah and Grenache) were #3 and 4

Now I just saw YOUR post Gabe. Did you get an offer?
No such call to me. I guess that means bad news, but my goodness. I think I would pass out if I got such a call from Elaine. Good for you.

Thanks Kris. I agree that sharing wine is part of what makes it fun, but even still that’s very generous of you. Will send a note if I find myself in Seattle.

I did get an offer. Still in disbelief. I actually asked Elaine if this was a real call and she giggled a bit.

Poker Face was my first - a “wow” syrah. Not sure I remember the accompanying grenache. Loved the T-shirt. I bought two and they’re both lost.

I bought 2 (t-shirts) and still have one never worn (with string still attached). Was thinking about framing it…the other becomes part of my work out regime ; )

Cheers,
JP

The 2004 Grenache was “Into The Dark” and it came in a cool, squat bottle :slight_smile: