Winery recs in California gold country please

We’ll be spending about 4 days around Plymouth, CA at the end of September and would really appreciate some recs for great wineries, especially around Plymouth. Hopefully we won’t find the timing problematic. We’re starting out in Groveland (just outside of Yosemite) for a few days, then heading North on Highway 49. Also any restaurant recs as well. TIA.

I think you’ll find some recommendations here: [wink.gif]
Wineries to not miss in Gold Country?

Hi Peter-
For sure, Ken’s recommendations are incredibly helpful! I like that area as well, so here are a few of mine.
For restaurants, Taste generally gets the most mentions (right in Plymouth). Amador Vintage Market (also Plymouth) would be a great place to get picnic fixins.
Amador 360 is a tasting room in Plymouth that features a number of wineries at any one time, so it can be a good one-stop shop for tasting.
My overall favorite winery is Easton/Terre Rouge. Just fantastic across the board, with a great array of older vintages as well.
Turley is right down the street, and worth a stop.
A newer location that I’d recommend is Iron Hub. The wines are generally good, what I’d call varietally correct (some single-vineyard Zins are very good). However, a big reason to go is that it’s situated on a hilltop with amazing views of the surrounding area, and a great patio with tables where you could sit for a picnic or just some glasses of wine.