Ceritas - Save the date 2/4/21

FALL 2019 RELEASE

THURSDAY / AUGUST 8TH / 8AM PACIFIC

Dear Friends,

We are excited to release our FALL 2017 vintage wines to you this coming week. Our release will be open from August 8th to August 22nd.

This release will include the following four wines:

2017 Porter Bass Vineyard Chardonnay / Sonoma Coast

2017 “marena” Chardonnay / Sonoma Coast

2017 Hellenthal “Old Shop Block” Vineyard Pinot Noir / Sonoma Coast

2017 Trout Gulch Vineyard Pinot Noir / Santa Cruz Mountains

We look forward to sharing these wines with you.

As always, should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

John & Phoebe

ALLOCATIONS

Because all of our wines are produced in low quantities, allocations are naturally small. Please note, ALLOCATIONS ARE NOT GUARANTEED, so it’s best to order soon to avoid disappointment.

The offer is open between August 8th and August 22nd, or until sold out.

WISH LIST If you would like more wine than you were allocated, please use the wish-list request feature. If we have wine remaining after August 23rd, wish list requests will be honored in the order they were received.

SHIPPING

SHIPPING - We will ship on November 4th, November 11th, and November 18th. There is no pick-up option for fall.

My Ceritas save the date is August 5, Matty. Tiered approach, it appears. I’ll leave some for you flirtysmile .

Tom DeBiase shared a nice write up about the 2017 vintage wines in this post.

I’m excited for the chardonnays.

I’m not part of that special group. yes, please leave me some.

Will be ordering as soon as available to order. Received my allocation list.

I just signed up for the list tonight, any guess as to if I’ll get an offer or some or any wines? TIA

I think you should have a good chance to be offered some wine. If not then definitely the next offer.

BTW - there is plenty of Ceritas available on the secondary market.

I opened a 2011 Heintz last night and it is a delicious Chardonnay with bright lemon-lime fruit with some grapefruit notes showing up on the long finish. The acidity is in perfect balance with the fruit. These are getting pricey, especially with the shipping, but they are in a small company of the best chards being produced in CA. I’ll be buying some Porter Bass.

Right on, I have seen some out there for sure and that will be my next stop if I don’t get an allocation this coming week. Not buying much wine these days but I’m ready to grab a couple bottles of Ceritas to sit on for a few. Thnx!

Also reached out to do a tasting since my wife has never tried them hoping to do that as well in the near future, despite harvest looming.

I’m on their mailing list, but haven’t received an email regarding this release. Is there a third tier?? Am hoping for some Pinot.

Send Ceritas an email and check if you are on the list.

This will be my 12th vintage since starting in 2005 of Porter Bass chard added to storage in 750ml and mags. I’ve so enjoyed these over the years along with the other single vineyards. Some PB’s going to the Nice FR cellar in a strange juxtaposition of drinking California in FR and Chablis in CA. Fun.

Their wine club is full, but just signed up for a 13 bottle “Tasting Membership”. Not entirely sure what the difference is, but price was acceptable so I thought I’d go for it.

I share your enthusiasm, I love these wines…I love the pinot noirs, as well.

I think your tasting impressions are spot on!

All in here

1 Like

I was just offered the same and will try it. They said it’s essentially 1 bottle of all 13 wines they make, spread over the year into 3 shipments (with the ability to purchase some more of things I like, theoretically, if available :slight_smile:). Seems like a good way to start.

1 Like

For me some of the purest expressions of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. The difference in site expression in regards to flavor, structure, texture e.tc is remarkable.

Tom

[thumbs-up.gif]

Took my porter bass Chardonnay offering.