aucwine.com

This is an auction house that seemingly does a lot of eBay business. Listed on wine-searcher. Based in Torrance CA. Website suggests multiple offices and 60 employees. Anyone know about them or use them?

Never heard of them. After 30+ grammatical errors that I caught without working too hard, I am sceptical of anything they represent. Claiming 6 locations and 60 employees for an outfit I’ve never heard of makes me even more sceptical, but I look foward to being corrected by others with direct experience with them.

1 Like

I would tend to agree.

They’re on Maureen Downey’s list of retailers to avoid that have a history of fraud. They’ve rebranded from TK Wines.

https://www.winefraud.com/new-this-week/ - see March 9th, 2017 summary.

There’s more info in the members area of winefraud.com about them. Quick search, I couldn’t find anything publicly accessible to link to right now.

1 Like

Anyone buy from them? How was your experience?

I do not have personal experience with them but I did find this for you.

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=138607

Thanks, I searched prior to posting and didn’t see this

curious if you dealt with them?

no, I did not place an order

You have now been corrected by others. No need thank me! [snort.gif]

1 Like

This is absolutely a fraudulent retailer.

They are selling various wines well below market pricing (mainly from the best vintages)

BEWARE.

I have purchased from them on one occasion- they were the only U.S. retailer that had a particular wine I was looking for. No problems with the transaction (haven’t opened the wine yet, but bottle looked fine and it is not pricey enough to be fake).

Good to hear, as I also have 1 bottle waiting to be shipped to me…and I’d be shocked if anyone went through the trouble to create a fake one.

I am not accusing these guys of anything, but I used to think that until I came across a counterfeit bottle of 1964 Francois Gaunoux Batard Montrachet. Not trying to worry you either.

From Grammar.com:

In most of their senses, there is no difference between skeptic and sceptic. Skeptic is the preferred spelling in American and Canadian English, and sceptic is preferred in the main varieties of English from outside North America. This extends to all derivatives, including sceptical/skeptical and scepticism/skepticism.

So anyone else order from them yet?
Torrance CA 90501

1 Like

I’ve purchased a few wines from them, none of which would qualify as worthwhile to counterfeit (to me). Bottle conditions/photos were as advertised, and a 2001 Montrose was perfect and exactly as it should be.

Thx

1 Like

Same here - no issues at all. Would purchase again.

Purchased once from them 3 years ago. They held on to bottles until I requested shipment in cool weather. Transaction and shipment was seamless. 1 bottle drank well and on point with reasonable expectations by the drinkers. Still holding on to the last bottle.