Retailer check: RL Liquid Assets - now Grand Cru and GRW, Carlsbad CA

Anyone have experience with RL Liquid Assets?

They say they are a brokerage in Carlsbad, CA and that the wines I’m interested in are in stock.

Buy without reservation.

Once had bottle shipped to me when weather was around 80 and he did overnight with cold packs at no additional cost. Bottle arrived cool to touch.

They are reputable. [good.gif]

I have bought from them several times, mostly older bottles and they have all been in great condition.

Had great dealings with them as a seller.

Thanks all, order placed. Very pleased with their quick email response to my shipping questions.

Five minutes from my house. I’ve been there. Nice facility. Temperature controlled with proper and secure warehouse.

So I just saw that this outfit has re-branded as “Grand Cru Liquid Assets”. About us page talks about a split from RL. That can be good or not as good. Any opinions on their credibility in their new life?

I just purchased from them last month - solid. They shipped with ice pack and communicated well throughout. I would buy with confidence.

1 Like

They are as good as it gets…extremely honorable and reliable.Great people!

1 Like

I sold wine to them. Straightforward and easy to deal with. Recommended.

1 Like

It looks like RL split into two businesses; I had an excellent experience with the other one, GRW Wine Collection, about a month ago when something I keep an eye out for showed up there in a Winesearcher search at a very good price.

2 Likes

Thanks Folks, appreciate the feedback.

[thankyou.gif]

1 Like

It’s been a few years, but I’ve done a number of personal wine transactions with Grand Cru President Everett Love.

He was a pleasure to deal with!

Happy with them both.

Changed the subject title so it’s easier to find on search.

Just received a shipment from GRW and it was about the best packing job I’ve ever seen, plus shipped cold chain. And the wines look great!

wow like crush level shipping?

I’m sorry, I don’t understand the reference.

1 Like

Crush Wine Co does an incredible packing job for shipping due to the boxes they use.

Oh, okay. I buy a lot from Crush, but have never had anything shipped to me as they have periodic free refrigerated truck deliveries to Domaine in NJ, where I store.

GRW shipped with each bottle in an individual bag in a styro shipper and each styro shipper wrapped tightly in insulted wrap, like my meats or caviar deliveries.

1 Like