2017 Caterwaul - Save The Date

Here’s another one. They just keep coming.

Caterwaul Wines

2017 Caterwaul
WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE RELEASE OF OUR 2017 CATERWAUL CABERNET SAUVIGNONS WILL BEGIN NEXT WEEK, TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 10TH AT 9 AM PST. AS IN THE PAST, THIS RELEASE IS VIA EMAIL ONLY. AT THE TIME THE OFFER BECOMES LIVE, YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WITH YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD.

2017 Caterwaul ‘Regusci Vineyard’ Cabernet Sauvignon - $285/3-pk

2017 Caterwaul Napa Cabernet Sauvignon - $150/3-pk

Been looking forward to this one!

Me too, love the wines

Order placed! The Napa Valley is a great value.

I regret passing on this last year but am gun-shy on the 17s. Anyone tasted this yet?

Hopefully I can try to taste it when I’m out in Napa later this month before having to commit.

I have not tried them, so some blind faith involved.

You can (and probably should) take it with a grain of salt, but the winery says they are better than the 2016. Jeb Dunnuck says, “Both of the 2017s showed beautifully and are certainly in the same ballpark as the 2016s. The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley will be crazy good for the price and boasts a rounded, sexy style as well as upfront notes of black raspberries, cassis, orange blossom, and dried flowers.”

Has Jeb ever tasted a wine that wasn’t 97 points?!? Okay, maybe too broad of a statement, but it just seems like JD 97 pops up with regularity.

Seems quite reasonably priced compared to so many other recent releases posted on here from Napa . . .

I don’t usually like Cab (more of a PN person) but opened a 2016 Napa and liked it a lot. In for more 2017.

In for a couple of Napa 3-packs.

Order in!

in for a Napa 3 pack

Can’t agree more.

what wine are you alluding to? jeb scored one previous caterwaul release 98, the 15 regusci.

Okay, make it 98. I really wasn’t referring to any particular wine. It just seems like I associate JD with a score of 97. It was more of a reaction to JD’s statement of “crazy good” - how can anyone not like it if JD says its crazy good… nevermind.

Bud - have you tasted the '17?

No Sherri, but I have scout’s honor from Will… and the price is right.

Got it! I have bought in the past, and agree about price. I also am an old Regusci cab fan.

if he deserves some criticism for score inflation on more of the macro level, maybe there is some truth to that, or at least could be discussed elsewhere. and i concur, ‘crazy good’ leaves something to be desired. but, this is a producer with a score above 97 in an above average vintage with trb as the winemaker… i don’t see the need to hate on jeb for this singular score/review.

Is anyone else having trouble getting their wine shipped? It was supposed to ship out on 11/11 but nothing. I have emailed and gotten no response.
Will just emailed me and we are all good now.