2016 MacDonald release

Anybody get a save the date or have insider information on this? Cost increases? Cases produced? Looks like purchase times for the last few vintages have been mid September. Anyone tasted it and want to share notes?

I heard a $10 price increase…so $175 per. I’m expecting an email in the next week or so.

I signed up for the list in March 2015. Anyone else sign up near that point? Am I close to getting an allocation yet?

I emailed Alex MacDonald last week and he said the expected release is September 17th and that a “save the date” email is coming soon.

I was lucky enough to taste the 2016 with Alex at his home in May and it was (as expected) incredible. Alex had opened it about 8 hours prior. It was showing beautifully.The wine showed all the hallmarks of a grand cru level wine. Structured, layered, finessed and utterly delicious.

2016 was a tremendous vintage in Napa and as I’m sure you know the Macdonald brothers have a very special plot and story.

Same story here. Visited in February and enjoyed a bottle after an eight hour decant. It was one of the best young Napa cabs I had tasted in quite some time with all the structure to be magnificent as it ages.

Looking for a bottle or two if anyone has anything to share?

Only $10 increase? Whew, I should be good for 2 cases then. [wink.gif]

Well, at least one new person will move off the wait list to get an allocation since we know one regular who passed. [cry.gif]

If only anyone was allocated more than 3 bottles!!!

If anyone’s planning on sawing their legs off, I could use some spares.

Thanks.

Are some customers allocated 2 cases? I find that hard to believe with so many people waiting.

This is a test, of the emergency broadcast system

September 17th release.

I tasted this with Alex last December at Charter Oak, and it’s next level amazingly good. If I could buy a barrel of this, I would.

So I shouldn’t get my hopes up.

maybe very close families.

i know a coworker who was a family friend, and got 12 bottles…

99% i believe gets 3 btls…

All in.

Is this the only Napa cab that you can immediately flip for 2x the offer price?

It’s possibly why allocations are three bottles. Nobody will get rich selling one or two bottles. I have drunk one bottle so far of my two 3-packs. I’m not selling any of mine.