A visit to Hooker House, Bedrock Wine Co. raises the bar.

I spent a few days in Sonoma Co. over Labor Day, huddling up with my oldest childhood friend and his family. Dorian stranded his girls while they were in California for a wedding so it was a big get together and we made the most of it. Our last afternoon was spent enjoying Bedrock’s fantastic hospitality.

What Morgan & Chris have birthed at Hooker House is truly a mélange of decadence and reverence, not an easy cocktail to craft. If you love old California, heritage vineyards, great field blend wines or simply being pampered just make this appointment. Trust me, my photos don’t do any justice to what they have achieved.

The 18s wines are very special indeed. We did not get to taste Old Hill but ooohhed & aahhhed at the Evangelho and Lorenzo, and I was thrilled by the Gewurzt. The 18 Bedrock is staggering, it was the last wine I tasted and I’d guess the best wine I’ve ever enjoyed from this grand old vineyard. I reached out to the consigliere already, begging for more.

Chris says all the accolades at Hooker House belong to Emily, Kristin and Jackie and I join him by graciously thanking them for hosting the five of us who got to make the visit.

Well done people, you are truly as good as it gets. Son stole my hat already, I guess the elderly just shouldn’t go trucker hat.
BC88BA2A-587E-42D5-91A6-E3A840824AC3.jpeg
96891F33-9A80-4C8B-A944-686C45EE2948.jpeg
B137CF4D-E99D-44B0-B04A-A8B730E8784C.jpeg
C34B03AB-6641-43BB-BE62-ED8748C02184.jpeg

Nice!!

My wife and I were there a month ago. A special place. We did not get the Doc VIP treatment, but did taste about six of the new releases. I get the Zins once season arrives.

So awesome! I need to get my ass over there and check it out. Thanks for posting!

Oh you went to Hooker House? How’s your mom liking her digs?

Yup…I visited there a few weeks ago & Emily & Jackie do a first rate job. The only disappointment…they were supposed to introduce me
to some of Gen.Hooker’s ladies in the upstairs suites…but didn’t come thru!! [snort.gif]
I really liked that GWT as well.
Tom

I was there in mid-August by myself early on a Sunday morning and had a great tasting.

Went through the 15 Under the Wire Sparkling Pinot Noir, 16 Chuy Chardonnay, 18 Esola Zin, 17 Lorenzo’s Heritage, 18 Bedrock Heritage, 14’ Weill-a-Way Syrah and 17 Montecillo Cab. They had one case left of the Weill-a-Way and I bought 8 of them. I should have bought the whole case.

We visited Sonoma in November and had a great experience at the Hooker House. Morgan happened to be there and we had a nice conversation with him. In addition to the wines on the tasting menu, they poured 2 or 3 extras, did not charge for the tasting, then gave us a bottle of Cab as a gift. Best tasting experience I’ve ever had.

We visited in June. Jackie and Chris were great. Awesome wines and experience.

I’ve sent a few of my buyers there. Excellent staff there and they pour a bunch of wines. Great location.

We went in June, awesome experience, I refer everyone there.

The amazing crew at Bedrock, after reading Sol absconded with my hat, just shipped me another one. Gratis!

I’m back to being the oldest Oregonian in a trucker-styled hat. Thank you Emily!

We had an appointment this afternoon. Power was out in Sonoma, and I didn’t really want to hang around town with no restaurants open. We figured that maybe we could pickup our wine and get out of town. On the way over, Jackie called me (getting my cell phone number from the Brewery) to tell me that she was at the Hooker House and asked if we wanted to come by early. We ended up having a great tasting, picked up a little more wine (2015 Ode to Lucien), and headed back to the hotel to pack. We then stopped back by, parked right out front, picked up the wine, and dropped off some beer as a thank you. It ended up being a perfect visit under trying conditions.

We popped in for a visit over a quick wknd last week thanks to this thread. The 18 Bedrock was outstanding and glad to be back on the list after taking a few years off. The guys have really done some nice work there. The sparklers were a nice treat.

Our thoughts to everyone in the fire zone that are a little further north. I can’t imagine the stress everyone is going through right now. I’ll never complain about a Hurricane again…