Coravin vs. Decant?

A friend is the only member of my wine group of 7 that has a coravin. Recently when going out for dinner when he and I bring good reds that our wives do not drink we use his coravin. The 3 bottles I have brought home from our last 3 dinners were an an 07 Togni Cab, an 00 Pontet Canet and an 07 Forman Cab. The Togni which I finished several months later was still outstanding. Two days ago we had the Forman which was good, but I think would have been much better with a several hour decant giving me mixed feelings about the coravin. The plus is that I can’t drink as much as I used to and it’s nice to bing home the remnants. The negative is no ability to decant, but would then make me recork if I wanted to bring the bottle home for short term consumption or drink more at dinner because I rarely bring excess home. I am curious how others react to this. Sorry for the length of this post.
m

decant the amount you think you’ll drink and leave the rest in the bottle?

You can buy the adapter that aerates; however, it still wont beat a 2-3 hour long decant.

If I’m unable to give a wine I’m considering for a meal the proper amount of air, I choose a different wine (or, no wine at all). My mind just can’t deal with ‘what could be’ - i.e. a wine I know would likely have been in a better place in a couple of hours.

That’s what I was thinking, too.

i did a blind test a few years ago and recorded the results for this thread:

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1269492#p1269492